PDA

View Full Version : this

City Kid
October 8th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Ok, so, I just realized something. I don't feel guilty for cutting in the first place, but for not cutting deeper. Most of my cuts are just scratches because my blade isn't very sharp, and I absolutely HATE that. I feel pathetic whenever my cuts don't leave any scars. I feel like I don't deserve to make myself feel better by self-harming when I don't even go all the way.

Babs
October 8th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I felt that way too. It's very weird, looking back, that I was upset about that sort of thing.
But please don't try to cut deeper. You could seriously hurt yourself.

SethfromMI
October 8th, 2015, 06:35 PM
please, consider talking to someone. the fact you just want to hurt yourself anymore, that is not good. not healthy. it is a sign you need some help. please try to see some out

Abhorrence
October 8th, 2015, 10:06 PM
It is better to attempt to stop self-harming before it gets worse, because if you do not it will get worse. Everyone starts out this way and eventually it just gets to be insufficient. You do not want to leave scars. My arms and thighs are permanently fucked from it all and I can't even get a job at the moment since I cannot wear short sleeves (and most uniforms in part time jobs have them). Having scars and deep cuts really affects your life in a negative way, people will see your scars no matter how much you try to cover them up. Just try to stop before it gets worse, it really isn't worth it.

Nightfall_
October 22nd, 2015, 11:39 AM
I understand your self harming is a coping mechanism but its not worth it. I've been there and it just comes back to bite you, especially since its so hard to stop. I a way to try and stop which is that every time you need to cut, maybe eat a marshmallow or a tim tam. Just something to take your mind of things. Obviously don't binge eat but just at least try not to cut. not only for your real family and friends, but for us :)

Tesserax
October 23rd, 2015, 11:38 PM
It's not about how deep the cuts are, it's about the fact that you feel pain. Don't stress yourself about it, don't feel bad for not cutting deeper. You shouldn't, because people do things even less and still call it self-harm, so don't worry about it and just stay strong

City Kid
October 25th, 2015, 08:21 AM
It actually really helped knowing that I'm not the only one who's having (or has been having) these thoughts. Thank you guys, it made me feel like less of a psycho.
On the downside, I have been cutting deeper. The cuts now leave very visible scars, but I don't care. I don't care. I don't care.