PDA

View Full Version : Herpes? :(

xXoblivionXx
October 7th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Is it possible to get herpes 4 months after sexual contact? (I found a sore down there an now I'm really worried and axious)

playfull-qt
October 7th, 2015, 10:05 PM
I'm not a doctor, get yourself. Checked out!

Elysium
October 7th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Puberty for Girls :arrow: VT General Hospital

Uniquemind
October 8th, 2015, 03:25 AM
It's possible...

Herpes flare-ups don't always occur immediately after being infected with the virus.

If your infected, you might not have a flare up for a long time and you might not realize you carry the virus in you.

Most people aren't fastidious to get themselves tested for STD/STI's every two weeks.

But go see a doctor and ask for a full workup of STD's and specifically ask to test for herpes.

My general opinion is that you have it if the sore feels like a mix between burning and itchiness in the genital area with a hint of tingling.

Also if it's weeping, that's how the virus spreads further to inflame other cells around the area, so do not scratch.

xXoblivionXx
October 8th, 2015, 05:52 PM
I talked to my health teacher this morning. he helped me find a clinic where I canget tested and have confidential results. but I'm pretty sure that it's an ingrown hair. i have curly hair so it's more likely to have ingrown pubes. I think I just over reacted. I'm too parinoid about getting tested. but should I anyway?

Call Me Josh
October 8th, 2015, 07:03 PM
I'd still get tested. It may be an ingrown hair, but until you're certain about that, the possibility of it being something else is still there. It's better to be safe than sorry!

CosmicNoodle
October 8th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Like I said in our Emails, go get tested, you're probably ok, but get tested so you can be 100% sure, and have piece of mind.

SethfromMI
October 8th, 2015, 07:09 PM
yea as everyone else has said, get tested. better to do it and find out everything is ok, then there to be a problem and not get tested

xXoblivionXx
October 8th, 2015, 08:54 PM
UPDATE: i'm 99% certain it was an ingrown hair, i'm looking online. and the sore went down there's no puss and there's a hair coming out of the center

Uniquemind
October 9th, 2015, 02:12 AM
UPDATE: i'm 99% certain it was an ingrown hair, i'm looking online. and the sore went down there's no puss and there's a hair coming out of the center

I'd get tested for fun and for peace of mind, and for legal documentation sake that on ___ date, you were herpes free.

So if in the future you need to go to court because a jerk boyfriend infects you, you have a legal baseline to sue him, if he directly lied to you about having an STD/STI of herpes.

---

Also in-grown hairs are no joke either, I went on a medical thread on a different forum once that actually had real doctors weighing in on Internet forum questions and one doctor said he knew one female patient who ignored an in-grown hair, not thinking it was serious, and it got infected and inflamed the pelvic region and she died.

The backstory was she waxed, and that increased her chances for in-grown hairs.

Sure there were antibiotics used, but at that point it was too serious of an infection.

----

Edit: New question (11/7/2015)

So is or can the herpes virus get inside you due to a blood transfusion taken due to medical necessity.

And I'm not asking for genital herpes alone, I'm asking for both the one that causes cold sores, and the one that causes genital sores.

Can you get it from receiving a blood transfusion or do medical professionals take care of that when they take in blood from donors?