PDA

View Full Version : Relapse...help?

screamtobeheard
February 5th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Hi guys. It's been awhile since I've been on here, but I'm in a bit of a crisis currently. This may trigger people with eating disorders.

I'd recovered from my eating disorder a couple years ago, and I had a difficult time, but for the most part I was able to eat healthily and exercise and maintain a healthy weight. Lately, however, I've been having a hard time with everything, to be honest, and I think it's having a negative impact on my eating and exercise. I can't find motivation to eat anymore. The last time I ate a meal was noon on Sunday, and the last time I ate at all was Monday. I know I need to eat but suddenly, I'm obsessed with taking in calories again, and I don't know what to do. I like the feeling that I'm losing weight. I've missed it, to be honest. What do I do?

Tarannosaurus
February 5th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Try starting out small, make it your aim to eat at least one thing a day, it can be anything, a small apple for example. It can have next to no calories, but just try and have something. It's a good idea to take a multivitamin so that you're minimizing the loss. If you have a friend that you trust, you could tell them, that way you have someone to encourage you and someone to talk to when's it's getting bad. Find distractions, do something you enjoy, talk to someone, take up a new hobby. If you find it's getting out of control, I recommend going to a doctor about it. Remember you got over it once, you can do it again :) Take care :hug:

screamtobeheard
February 6th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Thank you. (:

NoName12
February 11th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I have the same problem with eating. I can't seem too eat a lot of food. Try having a paper and a pen and write down what you eat and force yourself to eat something every single day.

Hope it helps.