PDA

View Full Version : Social anxiety has taken over my life and made things so difficult.

clueless_one
February 2nd, 2014, 07:02 PM
Life has become so hard, I have difficulty talking to friends because almost everyone makes fun of all my likes causing me to stop talking about things. I try to be included in conversations by sitting on the side and listening, trying to be included in the conversation and in the end I'm called a creep. Its made me isolated and just sit down in the corner and not do anything. I find it difficult to talk to people outside also, like when ordering food at a McDonalds for example.

Due to being judged on my likes, I can only talk to girls as they don't judge me at all. But with the girls I like, its even harder because I don't want to be judged by them or affect the friendship/relationship.

I don't know what to do to try and change this problemů My parents go off at me that I'm not ordering food and it effects me all together and I don't know what to do to change itů :(

ksdnfkfr
February 2nd, 2014, 09:08 PM
Wow, that's really rough and I can 100% relate. The best situation would be if you could just poor your heart out to your folks about this for starters. Please keep in mind that this is not your fault. You are not doing anything wrong. This sort of thing happens to some people. Very good, nice and smart people. This maybe some kind of condition you have that could be worked on if you were seeing some kind of counselor.

Thomas01
February 2nd, 2014, 11:56 PM
Yeah, talking to your parents and getting counseling is really helpful.

I used to have a similar problem but working with someone helped me find ways to ignore my thoughts and feel more free.

I'm sure not everyone is judging you, but if you think they are just remember that that is what your brain does, make thoughts. It's just doing what it was meant to.

In regards to those who do judge you, do you really want to be friends with people like that? I'm sure it hurts, many have been bullied before. But things will get better

I hope things go well for you :) stay strong