PDA

View Full Version : Is he anorexic?

sarah newman
January 28th, 2014, 03:00 PM
So I'm not sure if it's anorexia by I will explain what's going on.

My dad doesn't eat much at all. What he does eat is cereal/cereal bars and chocolate at night. He drinks ALOT (not alcohol but water or tea) and he always runs and does some sort of exercise.

He's 6ft 2 and he weighs 12.7stone. He's the skinniest he's ever been. He ALWAYS leaves something on his dinner plate and he always eats healthy food and thinks he needs to be on a diet. He doesnt!

Whenever I say I think he has a disorder he laughs and says if anything he is putting on weight!

He does have reumotoid arthritis so I don't know if this affects his appetite?

Does he have an eating Disorder? I'm really worried!

uniquesnowflake
January 29th, 2014, 05:33 AM
It sounds like an eating disorder. Maybe you should tell someone, like his mother or yours?

Croconaw
January 29th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah, that sounds serious. Is there anyone you could talk to about this? It could be in your best interest.

sarah newman
January 29th, 2014, 04:13 PM
My mum knows but I don't know what to do about it. He's really boney and quite hard to look at as he is painfully skinny.

unknownuser
January 29th, 2014, 05:28 PM
There is a thin line between health-conscious eating and disordered eating... it sounds like he might have taken his "healthy" eating/workout plan too far...

I would be concerned and see if there is anyway you could get help for him... You said that your mom knows, you need to push her to do something about it... or your father's mother. Your dad might not listen to you, a kid, but maybe he'd be a bit more open to listing what adults like your mother or his mother have to say to him.