PDA

View Full Version : what kind of disorder is this?

etfboy
January 28th, 2014, 10:02 AM
idk what is whats happening to me :

i cant concentrate myself in class when im trying to listen to the teacher i stare to a one part of the classroom and just stare at it and day dream i cant concentrate! and same as reading i cant understand what i read.Im also forgetful earlier today i bought something at the store and so i gave my money and i got the change but didnt get the freaking item i bought!.and also last week i also bought from someone and when i paid i checked the item first and then after looking at the item i took out my wallet again and i was gonna pay her again and the cashier was like "sir you already paid" i dont know if this is the effect of my self hurting in the head.and also i have insomnia i cant sleep just laying down i always need to have a tv or something to get me to sleep but most of the time it does not work.I REALLY WANT to get me checked but my mom does not believe i might have some sick disorder or seomthing she is just saying "just concentrate" and i didnt mention im always having mood swings like im bi polar or something this is making me suffer i hate my life i want to die.

Croconaw
January 28th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I'd go to the doctor if you've been hurting yourself in the head. It could turn out to be serious.

blarg2011
January 28th, 2014, 02:59 PM
i'd have called it lack of concentration... sometimes it happens to me too.. i'm reading and when i finish the page i'm like... "wtf, i don't remember anything i just read"

but if u say ur hurting ur head... i'd go with feraligatr advice and see a doctor.. just tell ur mom ur not feeling good, and once u r with the doctor.. tell him/her all that's happening

KaylaMissKhaoz
March 28th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Sounds like typical text - book ADHD. I'm not diagnosing you, but I have ADHD, and I was the same way before I was put on meds. Talk to your school guidance counselor or a teacher about your concerns and see if they can help you. Message me if you need anything else. :)

Karkat
March 28th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Sounds like typical text - book ADHD. I'm not diagnosing you, but I have ADHD, and I was the same way before I was put on meds. Talk to your school guidance counselor or a teacher about your concerns and see if they can help you. Message me if you need anything else. :)

I would say this, but it seems to be even a little more than that.

---

Ok, as far as the concentration goes, it could be three major things from what you've said.

-Depression/depressive episodes
-ADHD
-Something physical, like the aftermath of your insomnia, or possible brain damage

As far as being BIPOLAR, it's unlikely, just on the information alone. There are pretty much three major types of bipolar disorder/related to it.

-Bipolar I. You have manic episodes, and depressive episodes, maybe mixed episodes. These episodes last for WEEKS to MONTHS at a time (months usually- especially for depressive).

Mania:

-Delusions of grandeur (super inflated ego, you feel like you're a celebrity, or god, etc.)
-Extreme amounts of energy, not needing to sleep much or at all to feel energized
-Extreme optimism, or extreme irritability
-Lack of impulse control (if you are having a manic episode, you might spend money you can't afford to spend, have unprotected sex, strip naked and run down the streets, these sorts of things)
-Feeling really motivated, or starting HUGE projects
-Etc.

Depression:

-Feelings of worthlessness, or emptiness
-Hypersomnia or insomnia (Hypersomnia being sleeping excessive amounts, like 12-20 hours a day)
-Appetite change (you either starve yourself or you engorge yourself [eat way too much])
-Suicidal thoughts
-Losing pleasure in your favourite activities
-Withdrawing from social events, isolating yourself, etc.
-Etc.

-Bipolar II. Depression and hypomania.

Hypomania:

-Feels energized, especially on low amounts of sleep
-Feeling productive, optimistic, etc.
-More motivated to do projects, etc.
-Essentially milder than mania, but similar to it.

-Cyclothymia. You have mild depression and hypomania.

So if you don't feel that you fit the bill on these, it's probably not bipolar. However, depression is still a strong possibility.

I'm not a doctor, so I can't diagnose you, but it could be more than one thing, or it could be one major thing that's just kicking your ass. Best of luck getting to a doctor, because it sounds like you do need some sort of help.

Katiya
March 29th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Sounds like AdHD. Head trauma usually presents with other things besides just lack of memory or concentration. Most common would be headaches and balance or visual problems. So if you have been knocking your self out or hitting your head on objects real hard it could be but that's doubtful. However socker players get repeat concussions from heading the ball.

Tarannosaurus
March 30th, 2014, 09:23 AM
It could be ADHD but those things happened to me too. It was a side effect of my insomnia and the stress I was under. Try some mild, non-prescription sleep medicine such as Phenergan (Promethazine Hydrochloride) or herbal teas such as chamomile and see if that helps you sleep more. You could also try meditation or yoga for stress relief. Rule out the simple things before you start worrying yourself with the complicated ones.