PDA

View Full Version : insomnia.

etfboy
January 20th, 2014, 06:03 PM
is this insomnia? im always having a hard time falling asleep i only get 2-5 hours of sleep everyday when i try to sleep with my eyes closed and all i cant really sleep.I asked my mom to get me sleeping pills she says its just a sleeping habit and sleeping pills is bad for me. fuck i really need help.

Tarannosaurus
January 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Sounds like insomnia, but your mother is right not to put you on sleeping pills. I use a very mild medicine called phenergan, it's non prescription but it will make you drowsy. Another option is relaxing herbal teas such as chamomile.

Thedoctorisin
January 20th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I have a friend that actually has insomia. What you decsribe sounds more like stress induced sleeplessness. If you had chronic insomnia it would be nearly impossible to get to sleep without prescribed medication. So just try to relieve some stress and improve your eating habits

Tarannosaurus
January 20th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I have a friend that actually has insomia. What you decsribe sounds more like stress induced sleeplessness. If you had chronic insomnia it would be nearly impossible to get to sleep without prescribed medication. So just try to relieve some stress and improve your eating habits

Well to be honest it sounds like the type of insomnia I have though yes it may be caused by stress. Do try natural methods before you go seeking pills.

Tenoka
January 20th, 2014, 06:43 PM
The best thing to do is go get it checked out. You don't need to take pills, but if it is insomnia to just be safe. It can really hurt you without noticing. I take strong medication to try to make me tired but doesn't always work.