PDA

View Full Version : Ptsd?

Captain Canada
January 19th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Alright so I've been thinking I might have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for almost a year now and its bothering me. Ive been exposed to a lot of fighting/arguing and verbal abuse throughout my family and it comes up at random times. A few months ago my brother was watching the movie Linkin and when I heard yelling from the movie, I freaked out. Memories started rushing in and it was horrifying to experience again. Now, even though its not often, memories come back to me and I break down. Im afraid its going to happen in school or something. Memories coming back to me isnt often but it happe.ns at random times and it feels like the yelling and insults are real and not just a memory. Do I have PTSD or is it just a phase??

the_dude69
January 21st, 2014, 11:16 AM
Yes you have ptsd

Katiya
January 23rd, 2014, 02:05 AM
Yes. That is correct. I have it as well

ksdnfkfr
January 23rd, 2014, 05:19 AM
It sounds like at least a type of pstd. Like with any disorder the question is how much it is effecting your life and how long term it it. Since you are worried about it effecting school maybe you could talk to a school counselor about it.

Captain Canada
January 23rd, 2014, 03:52 PM
It sounds like at least a type of pstd. Like with any disorder the question is how much it is effecting your life and how long term it it. Since you are worried about it effecting school maybe you could talk to a school counselor about it.

Our school counseler sucks... She doesnt help anyone. Once you tell her your problem she calls your parents and tells them... Im afraid of telling my parents because they might start to think its their fault and get guilty and I dont want to go through that.

Nick M
January 23rd, 2014, 11:16 PM
I'm kind of the same... My brother has always had a drug addiction and he's extremely abusive. He's done many horrible things to me that I won't get into right now. I have nightmares every night of things my brother has done to me and I constantly think about it all day and it has really destroyed me, mentally. I know how you feel. The only thing that helps is therapy. I don't believe in anti-depressants because they change your personality and screw up your head and it's only a short term solution. You need to sit down with your family and a therapist and settle things so you can learn to forgive and forget, something I'm still trying to learn. I won't ever trust my brother again and we will never have a good relationship, but it's still possible to forgive him and forget the past but it's extremely hard to forget. I hope you feel better...