PDA

View Full Version : Help with blonde hair?

Jalinta
January 19th, 2014, 02:42 AM
I'm busy drawing a picture of Elsa and Anna from Frozen for my friend in colour pencil, but I've come into a spot of trouble with shading Elsa's hair. She's sort of a platinum blonde - almost white in some pictures and I have no idea what sorts of colours I should be blending to get the right colour :S

I have lots of pencils - Colleen, Faber-Castelle, Lakeland Colourthin, Derwent Studio and a few other odd ones so I have some choices, however almost all the yellows are a bright, lemon-yellow and I don't think any of the tans would work.. :/

So I'd love it if anyone has any ideas as to what colours I should blend or be using! :) I'll also attach some pictures of Elsa so you can see her hair for yourself :)

Cjk_20
January 20th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Wow! Those look amazing! I hopw to see more!

AlexOnToast
January 20th, 2014, 12:34 PM
They really are amazing...and I feel like now i'm not alone in finding the right way to do blond hair

Tarannosaurus
January 20th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Maybe if you keep the hair mostly white and just do the outlines and edges in colour? I'm not too sure what colours to suggest though, possibly brown/tan for the outline and shading and then a sort of cream colour.

everlong
January 20th, 2014, 07:54 PM
What the fuck, I can barely draw stickmen! That is some top notch artwork! 10/10

Jalinta
January 22nd, 2014, 04:24 AM
Haha just to be clear, I didn't draw the pictures ^ :) My friend found them and sent them to me - but I wish I had :P

Asterix
February 24th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Haha just to be clear, I didn't draw the pictures ^ :) My friend found them and sent them to me - but I wish I had :P

for blondes i use cream orange and brow(but only press very lightly!) would you upload the picture here if/when it is finished? interested to see it!