PDA

View Full Version : Lithium works very well for me & others I know

Gifford
January 18th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I've been taking lithium for 2 years and it's very helpful. It was one of the first meds I was prescribed. Lithium has been used successfully by 100's of thousands of bipolar patients with success for decades. It's one of the most primary of meds used to treat the illness.

Everybody's body chemistry is different, and we all react differently to some meds, seroquel being one of them for instance. I read that one person had a bad experience with lithium. That reaction is only one such reaction to lithium pertaining to that particular person. They are in the minority. Work with your Dr. and tell them everything you feel and how you react to each of your meds. This is extremely critical.

I urge you all to research every one of your meds on the web and learn about them. Make a directory on your computer called "Mental Health", or "Bipolar", copy/paste the contents of your favorite document you find on each med into a Word document and save with the name of the article to your new directory so you can refer back if necessary. Your parents may find your article a good read so they know about your meds, too.

Shae4556
January 21st, 2014, 04:08 AM
Thanks for sharing ...!