PDA

View Full Version : Maladaptive Daydreamer

SkittlesLover
January 15th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm 14 years old from california and I'm an active Maladaptive daydreamer, I remember ever since I was 2, I would always make up scenarios in my head and make up fake people then run around pacing back and forth, music just makes it worse. even my parents told me when I was 3 i used to run around frantically and talk to myself alot. Any ideas how to help me? I need someone to talk to constantly about this, PM me please. It's runing my relationship with my family and because of this I always isolate myself from them and lock myself in my room so i can pace back and forth and daydream. This isnt healthy for me and I want a normal life.

ksdnfkfr
January 15th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Have you ever gotten any therapeutic treatment for this like cognitive behavioral therapy?

SkittlesLover
January 15th, 2014, 08:20 PM
No, It's really embarrassing and I wouldn't want my parents or family to think I'm some psychopath

ksdnfkfr
January 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
No, It's really embarrassing and I wouldn't want my parents or family to think I'm some psychopath

well you already said its impacting your family life so im guessing they already know something is wrong.
you know i hear a lot of "i dont want my parents to know!"
And the only response i can think of for that is that you have two options:
1 - Get qualified help.
2 - Continue to suffer.