PDA

View Full Version : what the heck is this

Etcetera
January 12th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Okay, so I have this weird thing.. and it's like driving me insane so I want to figure it out.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD, antisocial personality disorder, and a few other mental health issues. Idk if this is linked to any of those so that's why I said that.

Gonna be hard to explain but I'm going to attempt.

I have this thing where when I get something in my mind I HAVE to do it immediately or it drives me insane. Like, if I get an idea for minecraft or art or a tune I can write for music, I HAVE to do it immediately or it drives me completely insane and my anxiety is like so crazy until I do it. Am I weird, or does anyone else experience this? It's almost like with my OCD, like when I see something that needs to be fixed it drives me crazy till I fix it, or any of my other "rituals," that's the same feeling that I feel when this is going on. It's like UGHH.

This probably didn't make any sense... but whatever. I just have to know if I'm weird or if someone else experiences it.

Harizu
January 13th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I have this thing where when I get something in my mind I HAVE to do it immediately or it drives me insane. Like, if I get an idea for minecraft or art or a tune I can write for music, I HAVE to do it immediately or it drives me completely insane and my anxiety is like so crazy until I do it.
I can relate to some extent.
I have some rituals I feel like doing as soon as they come to my mind otherwise I feel very anxious and have panic attacks. No matter how hard I think "you can do it afterwards" because I always start thinking that if I don't do it something bad is going to happen to me/someone I care about. So I just have to do it.
But there are other things I feel like I have to immediately do that don't cause me any anxiety, but I just feel I want to do them. I think this is because I am impatient.