PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else been transformed into a jerk because of mental illness in general?

setsuna
January 12th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I realize that OCD is not the only mental illness out there, and that anyone with mental illness can be transformed into someone who they don't want to be.

Please see my thread in the OCD section with the similarly named title to see what I'm talking about.

teegoo8
January 12th, 2014, 10:03 PM
i've been diagnosed with schizophrenia, depressive psychosis, anxiety disorder, ocd, bipolar, dyslexia, clinical depression and add. and apparently they all link to me having high function autism/aspergers. some days are good, where i don't have any episodes, some days are really bad where it's just one long episode. the schizophrenia and depressive psychosis are probably the ones that effect me the most. the days where it's playing up a lot i'm just really angry and i kinda just wanna hit and scream at everyone who comes my way. i've lost a lot of friends from it.

abc983055235235231a
January 13th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Yeah, most people who suffer from some sort of mental illness have probably done some jerkish things as a result of their mental stresses. I was quite the jerk for a couple years :(

ksdnfkfr
January 13th, 2014, 02:57 AM
well yeah when i have a meltdown i don't enjoy the transformation

Harizu
January 13th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I think mental disorders in general cause you troubles doing stuff/ being who you want to be.
I hate it when I have a panic attack, a meltdown or a shutdown.
I know I have done jerkish stuff, like offending people without realizing or being obsessive about stuff.
I have to take an ADD and anxiety med (mine works for both) otherwise I can't focus on stuff and I have many more panic attacks/mood swings.

Pulp501
January 13th, 2014, 05:23 PM
My depression causes me to lose interest. I don't want to do anything, I become a bore. I also may have DID, which of course makes me act different, it happens really rarely though, so we aren't sure exactly what it is.

ElectraHeart
January 19th, 2014, 07:26 AM
YES! I have bipolar disorder, and when I'm manic I'm out of control. I scream, fight, and basically being mean to everyone for no reason. Plus I can be very obsessive and hard to talk to.

etfboy
January 20th, 2014, 07:11 AM
i became a retarded fuck