PDA

View Full Version : Does this count as a mental disorder?

RavleIncarnate
January 9th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I'm so scared, it has become a part of my life. Is it a mental illness if you have a permanent sensation of someone watching you? My room is the only place I feel safe, and I have only told two people about it before this, but I really need answers. I am an accomplished horror movie fanatic, but I have felt this way for a long time now, about half a year. I'm too scared to even go out with friends. It is very creepy, and my girl friend has asked me why I have a permanent goosebump sensation.

ksdnfkfr
January 9th, 2014, 10:00 PM
It sounds like classic paranoia.
Is hard to say in your case if it is neurological or a psychological.
Seems common though - I have seen this brought up a few times.

Katiya
January 10th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Talk with some one. They can help you figure this out

RavleIncarnate
January 10th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I have talked about it a bit with a most trustworthy friend here on VT who has been really nice to me, but it has gotten so bad I'm afraid to leave my room, now I go out so inoftenly that Mom thinks I have become an introvertic emo guy. But it keeps feeling like someone is watching me, and I get delusions (the type that you think that someone is reading your mind and watching your every step, I become really self-conscious when I feel that) but the feeling of a stalker watching me is the worst, I've learned to secretly live with the delusions, since its the first time I've talked about them here.

chiisaiaoiryu
January 27th, 2014, 08:16 PM
It sounds like you're going through paranoia. I would suggest that you talk with your doctor about it the next chance you get. Either it's simply you having watched too much horror movies or you have some kind of neurological condition, aka mental disorder. Best you get it checked with your doctor sooner rather than later.

I understand how you feel to a certain extent. I always feel like that people don't really pay attention to me or ever want to talk to me. It's that constant feeling in the back of your mind that refuses to go away and gets annoying after a while. I've talked to my doctor about it, and he said I had some kind of social disorder or something. Like I said, talking with your doctor helps wonders with things like this.

JacobBower
January 29th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Don't even worry about it. Ever since i was about 6 (im 15 now) ive had that same feeling but it actually caused me to act different because i wanted to impress the imaginary people i felt were watching me. I still do it, but the only difference is that now i know that there is no way they are real but sometimes i still act as if they were. Don't worry about it, if it doesn't go away you'll just get used to it. Just remember its just your brain, the mind is VERY powerful.

RavleIncarnate
May 5th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Don't even worry about it. Ever since i was about 6 (im 15 now) ive had that same feeling but it actually caused me to act different because i wanted to impress the imaginary people i felt were watching me. I still do it, but the only difference is that now i know that there is no way they are real but sometimes i still act as if they were. Don't worry about it, if it doesn't go away you'll just get used to it. Just remember its just your brain, the mind is VERY powerful.

Oh, don't worry, I know just how powerful it can be at times. The mind is a wonder.

And I have also tried to impress this "thing" that keeps watching me, like I've started to wear nice clothes at home, and I have strted some weird mental training/conditioning that I saw online as a year-long project.

But I woke up lying on my stomach yesterday morning, and something was breathing down my neck. I could feel some heat, like my hand over a candle, except that this was my entire back/backside. And I've caught flashes of something watching me through the windows. I feel it watching me again, now as I type this. But I went to a psychologist, and he says that given the nature of the incidents (I told him a few things I haven't revealed here) he says that if it is some entity, then its a playful one, if at all.

Karkat
May 5th, 2014, 08:20 PM
7YvAYIJSSZY

Sorry but this instantly came to mind. Not mocking you- I feel this way a lot as well, but I've pretty much determined it's due in part to me being bipolar.

Usually paranoia has an underlying psychological or neurological condition, as Mr. Shea has said. Schizophrenia/Schizoaffective Disorder, Bipolar in some cases, Occasionally hormonal deficits or panic/anxiety disorders. Other things can cause it as well. I'd talk to a doctor, and preferably a psychologist/psychiatrist as well.

Luminous
May 9th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Oh, don't worry, I know just how powerful it can be at times. The mind is a wonder.

And I have also tried to impress this "thing" that keeps watching me, like I've started to wear nice clothes at home, and I have strted some weird mental training/conditioning that I saw online as a year-long project.

But I woke up lying on my stomach yesterday morning, and something was breathing down my neck. I could feel some heat, like my hand over a candle, except that this was my entire back/backside. And I've caught flashes of something watching me through the windows. I feel it watching me again, now as I type this. But I went to a psychologist, and he says that given the nature of the incidents (I told him a few things I haven't revealed here) he says that if it is some entity, then its a playful one, if at all.

Please do not bump old threads. :locked2: