PDA

View Full Version : So my mom just asked...

PerpetualImperfexion
January 3rd, 2014, 01:39 AM
"Why are you so skinny?"

This could mean one of maybe four things.

1. I actually look "skinny" and she is concerned. This seems unlikely because I don't think I have a distorted body image. Besides, I have a healthy BMI.

2. She's noticed changes in my eating habits that I haven't and is trying to stop an eating disorder early. While I've cut sweets and such out of my diet, I am still consuming three healthy meals a day.

3. I have lost 20 pounds (160-140, 5'6") over the last 3 or 4 months and she misphrased encouragement. Again this is from eating and drinking less crap in conjunction with exercise, not an eating disorder.

4. I've been doing research for a friend as she has an eating disorder and my mom has some how seen my web history. This seems most unlikely as I'm a very private person. She would have to be intercepting it between my ipad and the router because she never gets a hold of my ipad.

So, either the research I've been doing is manifesting itself as an eating disorder and I am subconsciously making a major change in my diet, or like always my mom just gave me a shitty compliment because she's not used to doing it.

EDIT: My immediate response was "I don't know?". I suppose I should have asked her why she was asking..

Katiya
January 3rd, 2014, 02:11 AM
That's not an ED. Obviously. People ask me that all the time in a complimentary fashion. I think she tried to compliment you lol. That's something my dad would say as a compliment. He sucks at it because he never compliments any one like ever. So if he does its usually like that.

Its good you cut junk out and exercise. Very healthy! Not to mention you trim down and look good ;)

Caver
January 3rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Go back and ask her why she said that. Reassure her you are eating healthily and you just cut out the junk food. It depends how she said it too, it could have been said in a jokingly way or serious way...