PDA

View Full Version : Sister is anorexic. Help!

aprilshowers
January 2nd, 2014, 07:16 PM
Hey guys. My sister is anorexic, and I can't seem to make her understand that eating is a necessary life function and that there are serious consequences if she doesn't stop. How can I help her look at herself more positively, and what can I do to help her overcome this?

Katiya
January 3rd, 2014, 02:21 AM
Hmm. I'm guessing she is in fact anorexic and obsessing over weight and such. And not just being a dieter that gets a bit over zelous but had a handle on it?

I had a friend that thought I had an ed when I started back in gymnastics and really trimmed down and started eating healthy. She was just over concerned.

But if your sis is obviously bothered by something I'd say keep asking her to talk with some one and say nice things too her, tell her it is in fact ugly to become too thin. That is a fact.
And if she gains weight don't say anything about the weight. Say "gosh you look great!" So she acociates it with good looks. Never mention weight gain. That triggers the extream dieting again because you noticed. But saying she looks good lately will help make her see she is beautiful.

I don't know you siss so I do caution acusing her of an ed if she's just trying to diet to a certain weight. However it becomes obvious if she is distressed about it or doesn't have a set stopping point or if she keeps lowering the number. Once again can't watch you guys so I can't say, only provide info for both sides.

Miserabilia
February 23rd, 2014, 09:54 AM
Hey it beats overeating!

No it doesn't.
Overeating can lead to health problems,
undereating leads to the direct brekaing down of your body and can lead to you simply dropping dead.

Just sayin', there's no way it "beats overeating".

Its Pretty
February 25th, 2014, 06:51 PM
No it doesn't.
Overeating can lead to health problems,
undereating leads to the direct brekaing down of your body and can lead to you simply dropping dead.

Just sayin', there's no way it "beats overeating".

So true tho

sweet_girl24au
March 7th, 2014, 08:10 AM
you just need to be really supportive and reassuring. Maybe spend some one on one time with her try to understand why shes doing it?