PDA

View Full Version : My music.

Etcetera
January 1st, 2014, 02:12 PM
I'm assuming this is where this goes considering music is an art. But anyways, I write music, like I can listen to something - almost anything - and write it by ear. I'm probably the biggest band geek you will ever meet in life. I currently play 6 instruments, and I love it. I have an extreme passion for music, band, and everything in between.

If any of you staff mods whatever feel like this is in the wrong forum, move it. I'm new here so idunno where this would go I'm assuming here.

Here's my most recent ones:

http://musescore.com/user/139012/scores/149258

http://musescore.com/user/139012/scores/147935

I'm going to continue posting them here, so give me feedback.
I plan to go to college to be a band director and possibly use my talent in writing music somehow.

Miserabilia
January 1st, 2014, 02:19 PM
I like music alot too, but i'm not quite sure what you mean by the links.
Do you mean you are playing these on an instrument?
Or do you mean that these are arrangements you wrote for the existing songs?

Etcetera
January 1st, 2014, 02:48 PM
I write them in a music program that I have on my computer. They are sort of like you know how on youtube people will do covers of songs with them playing guitar or singing? Yeah I do that, but like this. I do play it on piano to help me write it, but like I hear it and sit down and play it by ear on my keyboard. If it's a sax part or clarinet part I play it on my sax or clarinet. But any instrument I can just play it on keyboard and then transpose it to that instrument.

The program that I have is like an electronic version of music. It allows you to create a score of a piece or song and with an unlimited number of instruments. You can select what instruments you want to be in it, then you write a part for each one. So if I want it to be a woodwind quartet, I might go in and tell it to insert 1 flute part, 1 clarinet part, 1 alto sax part, and 1 bari sax part. That way I can get layers of parts. In a band, you want to have a balanced amount of sound with bass and high sound as well. That's what I do.

Miserabilia
January 1st, 2014, 03:19 PM
I write them in a music program that I have on my computer. They are sort of like you know how on youtube people will do covers of songs with them playing guitar or singing? Yeah I do that, but like this. I do play it on piano to help me write it, but like I hear it and sit down and play it by ear on my keyboard. If it's a sax part or clarinet part I play it on my sax or clarinet. But any instrument I can just play it on keyboard and then transpose it to that instrument.

The program that I have is like an electronic version of music. It allows you to create a score of a piece or song and with an unlimited number of instruments. You can select what instruments you want to be in it, then you write a part for each one. So if I want it to be a woodwind quartet, I might go in and tell it to insert 1 flute part, 1 clarinet part, 1 alto sax part, and 1 bari sax part. That way I can get layers of parts. In a band, you want to have a balanced amount of sound with bass and high sound as well. That's what I do.

I know you didn't have to explain it that much :p
I make music too (real and digital)

Is your version in midi? It sounds like midi.

Anyway, here's my music (atleast the few I actualy took time to upload somewhere LOL) (I don't do covers)

http://alternativepatatoe.newgrounds.com/audio/

Etcetera
January 1st, 2014, 03:41 PM
I know you didn't have to explain it that much :p
I make music too (real and digital)

Is your version in midi? It sounds like midi.

Anyway, here's my music (atleast the few I actualy took time to upload somewhere LOL) (I don't do covers)

http://alternativepatatoe.newgrounds.com/audio/

Umm, it's sort of like midi. I mean sometimes I download midi files to help me with the difficult parts of a song. It takes me quite awhile to do, but I enjoy it. Music is a release for me.

The program I use is MuseScore. I used to use Finale Notepad (I still do sometimes) but then I found MuseScore and liked it.

Synyster Shadows
February 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
That was awesome. I cracked up listening to the Monsters Inc theme. Spot on, absolutely spot on. I'm so jealous. I wish I could hear stuff and be able to write it out. That was awesome :)

AlexOnToast
February 5th, 2014, 01:00 PM
OH GOD THE MEMORIES!!! Very very good! Im terrible at music theory so I'm envious!

Karkat
February 27th, 2014, 09:18 PM
This is amazing! I love it! I wish I was that musically talented, hah.

Croconaw
March 2nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
I love it! That was great!

Etcetera
March 2nd, 2014, 08:55 PM
Thanks :) I'm gonna start posting covers of music of me actually playing sometime, so keep checking.

ninja789
March 10th, 2014, 06:21 AM
that's an insane talent

Etcetera
March 10th, 2014, 08:14 AM
that's an insane talent

Thanks. :)

Etcetera
March 10th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Here's another one:

Aladdin - Friend Like Me (http://musescore.com/user/139012/scores/153996)

Oh, guys. When I get done with writing the piano accompaniment for my talent competition (I'm going to play sax but I will have one of two people record them playing it for me because they are better at piano than me) but when I get done writing it in that program, if I upload it will you guys tell me what you think? I'll add my part in as well and you can see sort of what it will sound like.

Synyster Shadows
March 11th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Oh, the memories... great job! :)

Etcetera
March 11th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Oh, the memories... great job! :)

Thanks!

PM me.