PDA

View Full Version : Helping my Brother

ImagineRepublicCity
December 29th, 2013, 08:22 PM
So my brother has always been picked on, excluded, called fat, you know the sort, way more than me and it's been pretty harsh on him, considering he legitimately (We have to go to the Doctor every Sat. for him) can't think properly at times.

So in Primary School my brother though he had friends with everyone and in year 6, some 'friends' brought him up to the wall or something and pushed his head in or something like that and he had a huge bruise on his head which gave him headaches for the next couple of days. Considering it was my mother's child, she basically stormed down to the Deputy/Associate Principal and complained about it and all she said was "Well, if we tell them off, they'll do it more so let's keep it quiet."

Now he's moved schools hoping that he'll change a bit as well because he's really hyper and he was still being a victim. My brother is quite crazy because he still thinks like a 7 year old or something but now a lot of teachers like to side the other kids because my brother has a name for himself, even if he didn't do anything. He's even been sent home from a camp because they were trying to lock him out and so he did the same and he would always scream, etc.

What can I do to help my brother? As much as I hate him for being so annoying, he's my brother and it's really hurtful how I can't do anything because my school is ages away from his.

Katiya
December 30th, 2013, 01:12 AM
Hmm. Well you'd have to talk to someone about it or move him to another school.

I had a similar issue with getting a bad rep because of Al the rumors people started about me. The teachers hated me so I had to move schools and eventually online home school.

Home school is the best bet, online that is

Posts merged. ~Elysium

ksdnfkfr
December 30th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Idk what you can do about it. It would be great if you could get a kid at his school to protect him - but that's probably not possible. The only reason I'm able to get through public school w/out getting bullied is because of my best friend and his friends who will pummel anyone who picks on me. Other than that I would still be in a special school for kids with development and behavior problems.
Also maybe he can be kept off the playground and stay in the library or nurses office or school office during recesses.

NeuroTiger
December 30th, 2013, 03:34 AM
It would be great if you could find someone to protect him in school.
And certainly, during recess or breaks, it's better for him to stay in the library(just to be out of the view of the bullies)

RageOverGames
December 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
try to get a tutor to home school him

Cromm
January 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
All you can really do is be there for him and be his friend. Hang out with him outside of school. Maybe help him find some friends of his own outside of school too.

If I were your parents, and my kid's school administrator chose to ignore my son's bullying or organized ostracization, that admin would have hell to pay with me. But, if your brother has mental problems (and you're both with your parents and your not his legal guardian), it's not up to you to determine the help he needs. That's your parent's job.

My advice: just be his friend, help him outside school, and tell you parents when you find out about bad stuff happening to him.

~CC

Body odah Man
March 8th, 2014, 03:07 PM
This sis sad :(
Bullies r DICKS!!!!

Feraligatr
March 8th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Bullies are idiots. Is there any way you can transfer your brother to a different school district?

Elysium
March 8th, 2014, 04:28 PM
This sis sad :(
Bullies r DICKS!!!!
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more. :locked: