PDA

View Full Version : does this mean

RunnerRunner
December 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I keep having the thought like if im actually mentally retarded (sorry by retarted I offended someone) like I just keep thinking of it, I dont see myself as smart, literally everything is say sounds stupid and I always hvae this feeling that people are around me because they feel bad for me :( but I dont know, its driving me nuts.

yviedarling
December 28th, 2013, 12:47 PM
In my opinion, it sounds like you just have really low self esteem.

RunnerRunner
December 29th, 2013, 12:10 AM
In my opinion, it sounds like you just have really low self esteem.

Well it could be, I am feeling down most of the time

Katiya
December 29th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Well there's an old saying "So stupid they think there smart" lol

So I would say, you recognize some of your shortcomings in life(everyone has them) and that is a great sign of intelligence! So your definitely not retarded! You probably just have slightly low self esteem. :)

ksdnfkfr
December 29th, 2013, 04:59 AM
I keep having the thought like if im actually mentally retarded (sorry by retarted I offended someone) like I just keep thinking of it, I dont see myself as smart, literally everything is say sounds stupid and I always hvae this feeling that people are around me because they feel bad for me :( but I dont know, its driving me nuts.

I know exactly what you mean and feel the same way.
Since I started posting on these forums ppl have been saying
that I am really smart. But irl I have a hard time talking without
getting tongue tied, I'm super clumsy and awkward, I get lost
really easily, and there are a lot of things that are simple to kids
my age that are a major challenge for me. And yeah, I feel like ppl
are nice to me out of charity a lot of the time.

Have you ever been tested for any kind of neurological impairment?
I have a few. They do not mean that I am stupid. But they do mean
my brain is wired differently so I don't process certain things the same
way most people do - which makes me feel stupid.

RunnerRunner
December 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I know exactly what you mean and feel the same way.
Since I started posting on these forums ppl have been saying
that I am really smart. But irl I have a hard time talking without
getting tongue tied, I'm super clumsy and awkward, I get lost
really easily, and there are a lot of things that are simple to kids
my age that are a major challenge for me. And yeah, I feel like ppl
are nice to me out of charity a lot of the time.

Have you ever been tested for any kind of neurological impairment?
I have a few. They do not mean that I am stupid. But they do mean
my brain is wired differently so I don't process certain things the same
way most people do - which makes me feel stupid.

Omg thats exactly me right there! Though I have never been tested for any impairmsnts, I dont know if I have any. But here also people say im smart too, but then when it comes.to the real world, I literally feel like if my mentality went down and I start sounding really stupid.

ksdnfkfr
December 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Omg thats exactly me right there! Though I have never been tested for any impairmsnts, I dont know if I have any. But here also people say im smart too, but then when it comes.to the real world, I literally feel like if my mentality went down and I start sounding really stupid.

Yeah it sounds like you are really intelligent but your brain processes certain stuff in an abstract way.

RunnerRunner
December 29th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Yeah it sounds like you are really intelligent but your brain processes certain stuff in an abstract way.

Sounds like it could be that. Feels im alot smarter when it comes through online and texting but then in person I go into an alternative way and then just go into an antisocial awkward way lol.

AlexOnToast
December 29th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Well there's an old saying "So stupid they think there smart" lol

So I would say, you recognize some of your shortcomings in life(everyone has them) and that is a great sign of intelligence! So your definitely not retarded! You probably just have slightly low self esteem. :)
I second that motion, And I know for a fact he's not at all stupid :P Hesgoodat naming songs, for one thing :)

RunnerRunner
January 1st, 2014, 02:01 PM
I second that motion, And I know for a fact he's not at all stupid :P Hesgoodat naming songs, for one thing :)

Haha thanks, im glad you like my song names :)