PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Teachers

newyorkgoldengirl
December 21st, 2013, 12:17 PM
Recently I failed a college English midterm due to text anxiety. I have a 94 as my average grade in the class right now so it's not like I'm a bad student. She kept on trying to convince me i would not pass the final and has told me many times. I know that I failed the midterm because of my ADHD but I feel bad like I should just quit. Any suggestions?

Josef_
December 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Are you on any medications? Have you tried to tell her why you couldn't keep focus?

ksdnfkfr
December 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Prove her wrong

newyorkgoldengirl
December 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks Ezra! And Josef I do have adderall but taking it gives me panic attacks and sure I will.

The Trendy Wolf
December 21st, 2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks Ezra! And Josef I do have adderall but taking it gives me panic attacks and sure I will.

Ezra gave fantastic advice. :D

Also, if you are experiencing something as serious as panic attacks with your medication, then you should seriously consider trying a different one.

A few years ago I decided to test out Ridelin as a potential ADHD medication. It caused a truly dramatic difference in my behavior, and I had constant jitters and my muscles tensed and I was practically shaking the entire time. We are never going to be prescribed it again, and it was amazing how much of a difference that two medications can have. Vyvanse had an effect that was quite the opposite, and I still use it to this day.

Katiya
December 21st, 2013, 08:27 PM
Medications are tricky. If you can't go without them you need to get on a better one.

And prove that teacher wrong. Or tell her "gee ur shire supportive and encouraging aren't you?" Haha!

Etcetera
December 21st, 2013, 09:39 PM
Do you have a 504 plan or IEP, for your ADHD?

RavleIncarnate
December 21st, 2013, 09:57 PM
I had the opposite teacher situation. Mrs. Borcherds was probably the most understanding teacher to ever have lived. She's really cool and is not afraid to show her opinions, which I respect, as well as being able to spot a problem in a student within minutes. She's helped me a lot and although I'm a straight-A student, I probably wouldn't have made the year without her support.

newyorkgoldengirl
January 14th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone! I have taken my English 101 final and found that I may pass it.