PDA

View Full Version : Latest drawing

Silicate Wielder
December 17th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Hey guys, I've been experimenting with this new eyestyle and thought I would give a full drawing from the neck up a shot, personally I think it's a big improvement but I still need to work on shaping and proportioning a bit more.

Mostly with eye size, and shoulder width. so those are my main focuses

Anyway here you go, and tell me what you think.
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=6676&pictureid=36793

Now, I did mess up with the eye looking too wide, I think that's because I have the lower eyelash places too far below the iris. Plus I was lazy with this particular drawing as it was just supposed to be a personal concept Idea.

Edit: I've only just begun to learn how to draw other hair styles, I really messed up with the hair in this drawing.

Daracon
December 17th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Pretty nice! It has a uniqueness to it. Is the eyepatch a reference to Mei from Another?

ksdnfkfr
December 17th, 2013, 11:39 PM
I like it. It reminds me of one of those
old fashioned flash bulb things (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fDOJ5F5QET8/Tpx5eLdfVuI/AAAAAAAACHI/MQUymmmtqco/s1600/Nikon.jpg).

Silicate Wielder
December 18th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Pretty nice! It has a uniqueness to it. Is the eyepatch a reference to Mei from Another?

No, I've been working out ideas for a manga lately and this is one of the character ideas I had Since I was too lazy to try and draw the other eye; I gave here an eyepatch. but as a result it gave me an idea for the manga's setting and storyline.

Cjk_20
January 20th, 2014, 11:59 AM
That is very interesting! It is very unique and I enjoy just looking at it!

AlexOnToast
February 10th, 2014, 04:16 AM
There is nothing more sophisticated than an eyepatch.
Good work by the way!

amira
February 17th, 2014, 08:36 PM
There are many tutorials on you tube .they can help you improve your drawin . I think yours is very good but you have to practice alittle bit :)

Bmble_B
February 19th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I dabble a little in drawing, may post drawings soon...
And this is really good

backjruton
February 19th, 2014, 09:29 PM
It's a good drawing but also creeps me out a lot.

If I upload my drawings I'm just going to make a new album on my profile so people will have to look there. They're only drawings of South Park but I did get really accurate, until I got bored because I started to have more things to do. :D :yes:

Croconaw
February 20th, 2014, 05:05 PM
It's a nice drawing. I like the shading on the eye.

Karkat
February 20th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Very nice! You did pretty well on keeping the head relatively symmetrical. That's hard sometimes.

The only things I would really suggest improvement on are the shoulders and hair. The eyes are just a touch too big in my opinion, but it's anime, so eyes tend to be biggish.

I'd recommend making your shoulders a little more curved and slanted. Shoulders don't usually stick straight out.

Also, the hair is just a little small. If you made the ponytail bigger, and raised the top of their hair up a little (making their head a little bigger in the long run), it'd look great.

Good luck on your future drawings! :) You seem to have a knack for anime-style.

Boar
February 21st, 2014, 11:52 PM
Very unique and original! Nice!