PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do and how to react

ner0xx
December 17th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hello everyone,

i've never been self-confident at all, mainly because I consider myself skinny.. Although I eat a lot (well, in my opinion), i've never gained weight and I'm always hungry, though I eat 3 times a day (I can eat a lot and be hungry 20 minutes later..). I'm 1.82m tall (5.97ft if my calculation's correct) and I weight 132 pounds (if Google's calculation is correct, which should be 60kg). When I have a look at myself in a mirror, I can clearly see my chest's bones, and I feel ashamed when it's time to change our clothes for the sports lesson... and that's only when we're not going to the swimming pool, which is even worse.. All my other classmates either have a bit of fat fat or some muscles while I only have bones and a bit of skin. At the beginning I found a solution: to go home to get my sportswear, and then go back to school, since my house is not far from school, but as I was often late, my sports teacher asked me to stay at school. That was 3 weeks ago, and I haven't been in sports lesson from that day (which made my teacher angry, as my classmates said).
I don't know to who I could tell it, and what to do.. Could you help me?

Blood
December 19th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I always tell people that if they're unhappy with their body, change it. There are so many ways that you can gain muscle and put on weight. Lifting weights and eating healthy are two of them. Do your research and start when you're comfortable.

But remember, you're still a teen. You're body is still changing and growing. It's not uncommon for teenage boys to be thin, and it's not uncommon for them to be overweight. Every single person on this planet is different and we all go through phases where we are unhappy with our body. You just have to work on accepting and loving yourself for who you are. And if you want to improve your body, go for it. As long as you're doing it because YOU want to.

Steve Jobs
December 20th, 2013, 12:03 AM
People try excessively hard and put in lots of time and money to be skinny, so embrace it! Be confident about yourself and put in a little effort each day to improve on yourself.
You don't want to do anything too drastic, but as you develop, start increasing your diet and lifting some weights to tone yourself up a little. Don't over-do or over-exert yourself since it can cause a lot more damage.

Vincent_Dat_Guy
December 20th, 2013, 12:04 AM
You don't want to do anything too drastic, but as you develop, start increasing your diet and lifting some weights to tone yourself up a little. Don't over-do or over-exert yourself since it can cause a lot more damage. you feel me

Quarter_Master
December 20th, 2013, 02:32 AM
My old and wery good friend has the same problem. He's 15 and he has only 50 kg! First of all, how old are you?

Saint
December 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I've been through this. As obvious as the answer is,you're just not eating enough. You probably think you are since you don't feel the hunger after having your usual 3 meals per day and having random snacks in between,that's not enough.

Try calculating the amount of calories you need to gain weight. (There are plenty of free calculators online,try searching). It also helps if you start a workout routine and followed the proper amount of calories you'd need to gain weight,just so that all the extra weight wouldn't just be fat :P. About 1lb per week would be a good amount to increase at your weight if you did get into lifting(clean bulk).

I'm going to put it out there though,you'd probably feel weird for the first few days/weeks after starting to eat more,it's normal because you're not used to that amount of food per day. It does get better as you progress,good luck! :P

ner0xx
December 20th, 2013, 07:17 PM
My old and wery good friend has the same problem. He's 15 and he has only 50 kg! First of all, how old are you?
i'm 18, nearly 19..

@Steve Jobs: in my opinion there's a huge difference between being skinny and being thin..

@Aerial: even just after a meal, I am still hungry, though I eat "normally" (same quantity than the others)

unknownuser
December 24th, 2013, 03:35 AM
@Aerial: even just after a meal, I am still hungry, though I eat "normally" (same quantity than the others)

Then eat, boy!

Some people are hungry and eat out of boredom. You are hungry because your body is physically trying to tell you to eat a little more because you're not giving it the amount it demands. 3 meals a day may be AVERAGE guidelines, but some people require much more, others much less; it really depends on the individual.

Like others have said, weight loss and gain need to be taken in small steps; nothing too drastic all at once. Don't think about the calories, the weight, the body fat percentages. If your body yells "EAT" do yourself a favor and eat. :)