PDA

View Full Version : Molestation Dream

Columbus
December 12th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Just the other night I had a very detailed and vivid dream of me being "molested", it also felt like I was at a younger age possibly. I felt really sick and disgusted after waking up and couldnt stop thinking of that guys face even though it was just a dream. So I was wondering if this something kinda normal that happens to other people. I asked a question about molestation a week ago on here but it hasn't really been bothering me so much where its infested my mind. And ive also been getting flashbacks recently from my abuse as a kid that ive repressed memories from. So is this just a dream or could be a fragmented memory that might have happened? I just dont want to worry to much and put the wrong ideas in my head.

Elysium
December 12th, 2013, 10:02 PM
It could just be a dream. I've had the same thing happen to me. If more pieces of an event come together or if it starts recurring, I'd be concerned.

skiman
December 12th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Look up lucid dreaming. Train yourself how to do it. Basically, in lucid dreaming, you become conscious within your dream, and can take control of it, and make an unpleasant dream into a pleasant one, where you're the boss. It makes sleep more refreshing, and can help to prevent nightmares like this.

Katiya
December 12th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Look up lucid dreaming. Train yourself how to do it. Basically, in lucid dreaming, you become conscious within your dream, and can take control of it, and make an unpleasant dream into a pleasant one, where you're the boss. It makes sleep more refreshing, and can help to prevent nightmares like this.

I can say I can aactually do this. However I'm not sure how you start lol. One night I was dreaming and thought "oh I'm in a dream I can change this" and I did lol. No idea but its happened a lot sense. So I guess its worth a try ;)

And its OK, I've had a dreams like that but it was some dude off a random TV show I use to watch (and hated but my mum make me watched it) so I knew it def wasn't real. lol Still disgusting tho.

Columbus
December 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM

Ok thanks I will try do this

joejoe
January 6th, 2014, 09:53 PM
You should reassure yourself that it was just a dream. It's understandable that you are worried about it