PDA

View Full Version : slipping back into old habits...

kittyprydexo
December 10th, 2013, 05:21 AM
i was slowly recovering and eating more but now i'm slipping back to my old eating habits.
i'll skip breakfast if i can, skip lunch most days and barely eat alot at work/home. i now only drink certain drinks again and recently have felt like going on a massive binge eat then going to the gym the next day to work it all off.
i even looked at new ways to purge, i don't know what to do.
what if i get put back into the hospital again, it's a never ending cycle which i can't break free from.

BookSmart
December 10th, 2013, 07:06 AM
i was slowly recovering and eating more but now i'm slipping back to my old eating habits.
i'll skip breakfast if i can, skip lunch most days and barely eat alot at work/home. i now only drink certain drinks again and recently have felt like going on a massive binge eat then going to the gym the next day to work it all off.
i even looked at new ways to purge, i don't know what to do.
what if i get put back into the hospital again, it's a never ending cycle which i can't break free from.

:( I know it's hard. I've been fighting my ED too. I've just been trying to get my eating normal and get rid of the negative feelings food bring. I look at my family and friends and I tell myself "they love me the way I am. I should love myself too. I don't need this." It's hard, but I'm trying to get better. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm really trying. We can get through this together. I bet you're a beautiful person!

lassi
December 10th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I definitely get you. I also struggled with skipping meals and then binge eating. I am much better now because I finally found a way to break the "never ending cycle". The last time I binged I actually stopped for a moment and asked myself "Why am I doing this to my body?" and "What good can possibly come out of this?"
The first step to breaking the cycle is finding out the reason why you started doing it in the first place. Is it because of peer pressure, problems at home, or you not accepting yourself?(For me it was all of the above)
Then you have to realize to accept who you are, love yourself as BookSmart stated above.
Remember you're not alone and we will get through this together! :)

kittyprydexo
December 11th, 2013, 04:18 AM
thank you guys so much

BookSmart
December 11th, 2013, 05:38 AM
thank you guys so much

No problem :) We have to stick toghether and help eachother outbthrough these things. I hope you're feelinhg just a little bit better now, having come back and seen the support you have in this. :)

kittyprydexo
December 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM
No problem :) We have to stick toghether and help eachother outbthrough these things. I hope you're feelinhg just a little bit better now, having come back and seen the support you have in this. :)

i'm feeling quite abit better now tbh, i spoke to my best friend and she's willing to help me and motivate me

BookSmart
December 11th, 2013, 03:26 PM
i'm feeling quite abit better now tbh, i spoke to my best friend and she's willing to help me and motivate me

That's great! I haven't had anyone offline that I've talked to, but there are a few people on VT that are helping me through now. :)