PDA

View Full Version : Is it considered molestation if you were both underaged

Columbus
December 2nd, 2013, 09:47 PM
When I was in early elementary school, my neighbor probably 11 or 12 bullied me pretty bad. I dont remember much at all my childhood, I blocked out most of my memories but i still have scars and my family tells me things that happen. Anyways, I think there was some sexual contact between us because I always had a well knowledge of sexual desire or interest when I was like 7. I would have some.....perverted ideas and actions I guess you could say. Is that normal to have at that age? Also I would always sit in front of my door in my room waiting for someone to open it and purposely hurt myself as a kid. And even if he did do anything sexual to me would you call it molestation or just kids being kids experimenting. Sorry if this is a stupid question or it sounding weird.

Kid0809
December 2nd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Yes I think it was considering the age difference

Katiya
December 3rd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Yes.

ksdnfkfr
December 3rd, 2013, 02:48 AM
A 12 yo doing sex stuff with a 7 yo?
Yes, that is molestation.
He probably would have been arrested for it
if the police had found out. Molestation isn't
just about what is done to you physically but what
is done to you mentally and psychologically.
Nothing about what you are asking or describing is
stupid or weird on your part.

Cromm
January 6th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Are you asking morally or legally?

If it was non-consensual, both morally and legally it was wrong, regardless of anything else.

Legally, it's a crime. The law doesn't really acknowledge 'consent' in those under thirteen. The age of the perpetrator is a factor in sentencing, but not in prosecution. Any decent prosecutor wouldn't have a problem laying charges against a twelve year old who engaged in sexual acts with a seven year old. Probably couldn't be charged as an adult (depending on the state) but charged, yeah, no problem.

Morally, seven and 12? Yeah, that's wrong (of the elder) period.

chieko
January 6th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Even if you're under-aged or not, you can be molested. Molestation is just usually done by an adult to a child, but adults themselves can be molested too like females and it can happen because of various situations.

It would be pretty sure that you didn't like it that he bullied you, but you didn't say if the sexual things he did to you is against your will or not. (while you said you had your perverted ideas and action yourself) Having sexual thoughts or ideas can be normal t a 7 year old. Males can orgasm prior to puberty, and there are also people who had gone through Precocious Puberty.

Molestation is forcing sexual behavior to the other person. It doesn't actually involves intercourse. But if you guys had that that it's called rape, not a molestation. It is still 'rape' in legal terms even though no one of you was against it, considering your ages. But, you've probably been molested if all of those sexual things (without intercourse) he's done to you was against your will.

nearwales
January 26th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Obviously there is something wrong here whatever (a 12yo with a 7yo is wrong) but you say there was a "sexual connection" and that you had "sexual desire" at the time so, although it is probably impossible for a 7yo to truly understand what was happening, were you conscious of what they were actually doing and was it forced?

Babs
March 5th, 2014, 01:06 AM
molestation is being sexually touched without one's consent. it doesn't matter who it was, what you were wearing, if you consented before or your age.

Dalcourt
March 6th, 2014, 11:58 AM
if it was forced on you and you didn't want it, it's molestation...no matter how old the other person is.

Pulp501
March 6th, 2014, 07:21 PM
When I was in early elementary school, my neighbor probably 11 or 12 bullied me pretty bad. I dont remember much at all my childhood, I blocked out most of my memories but i still have scars and my family tells me things that happen. Anyways, I think there was some sexual contact between us because I always had a well knowledge of sexual desire or interest when I was like 7. I would have some.....perverted ideas and actions I guess you could say. Is that normal to have at that age? Also I would always sit in front of my door in my room waiting for someone to open it and purposely hurt myself as a kid. And even if he did do anything sexual to me would you call it molestation or just kids being kids experimenting. Sorry if this is a stupid question or it sounding weird.
He was probably just old enough to be considered that he knew what he was doing while you were too young, so yeah it could be considered molestation.

Luminous
March 6th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Yes, it is, it's just tougher to figure out legally. Any time you are forced into a sort of sexual activity without consent it is molestation.

Gottaloveaginger14
July 9th, 2014, 10:04 AM
yes it is

azure moonstone
July 9th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: