PDA

View Full Version : Getting Help? (Trigger Warning)

BookSmart
December 2nd, 2013, 07:14 AM
I've been struggling with an eating disorder for over two years now. It's been getting worse recently though, like I keep spiraling down. I haven't been losing much weight recently, in fact I've pretty much stayed the same, but weight really isn't the issue. I HATE myself. It's not just my weight, it's not even just my appearance anymore, it's everything about me. I just can't deal with it anymore. I keep restricting, then binging, then eating "normal", and the cycle continues. I've seriously thought about getting help before, but every time I try telling someone I end up blurting something else out like "I like your shoes today." I don't know what to do.

I don't look like I have an eating disorder I'm not underweight. My family thinks I'm perfectly healthy and strong, that I'm smart and happy. I'm not though. I'm kind of like the "strong one" in my family. My twin has medical issues and I have a little sister, so I'm kind of looked to as the role model or the one who should be able to deal with more on their own. I try. I try really hard, but I'm not dealing with things well at all.

I'm failing math. I'm not doing well in my other classes. I hate school so much I've actually faked sick (including today) because I'm a coward and don't want to face my problems. I go from eating nothing to 2000+ calories. My stomach kills every time I eat. I feel pain both physical and emotional. I'm just so scared of my future and what will happen to me. How did I mess up this bad.

I want out. I want to be done with this, but I'm terrified of getting help. What if no one believes me? What if they think it's a joke or some attempt to get attention? I'm just so scared.

Have any of you ever gotten help for something like this? Even depression or self-harm? I just need someone to give me advice and tell me I'm not alone. Thanks.

Fallen_Eagle
December 2nd, 2013, 01:08 PM
I've been there... It's difficult to snap out of something like that, I know. But if I can snap out of it and gain 30 kilos worth of lean body mass in a year then I'm 100% sure you can break this cycle. Not by yourself of course, I strongly recommend you go talk to your folks and consult a nutritionist. You can pm me if you want to! good luck c:

BookSmart
December 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
I've been there... It's difficult to snap out of something like that, I know. But if I can snap out of it and gain 30 kilos worth of lean body mass in a year then I'm 100% sure you can break this cycle. Not by yourself of course, I strongly recommend you go talk to your folks and consult a nutritionist. You can pm me if you want to! good luck c:

Thanks. I'm just really scared. I don't want to gain weight. I want to be thinner, but the logical part of me knows I'm thin enough. I know that my eating disorder is messing up my life, and I don't want it to be like this forever. I'm seriously thinking about telling my sister today, we're really close and she's the one I feel most comfortable talking with. Thank you so much! I'm glad you could overcome your struggle too, it's people like you I know I can look up to!

Fallen_Eagle
December 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks. I'm just really scared. I don't want to gain weight. I want to be thinner, but the logical part of me knows I'm thin enough. I know that my eating disorder is messing up my life, and I don't want it to be like this forever. I'm seriously thinking about telling my sister today, we're really close and she's the one I feel most comfortable talking with. Thank you so much! I'm glad you could overcome your struggle too, it's people like you I know I can look up to!
aw shush =u= anyway, being open about it is the right choice! You'll feel much better.

BookSmart
December 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
aw shush =u= anyway, being open about it is the right choice! You'll feel much better.

I went in to talk to her and I saw her smiling about something and I lost all my nerve :( But I'm going to try again because I know it's the best thing to do! Thanks again :)

daniel74
December 28th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Make sure you speak up :) and don't be shy. You can always go and speak to a doctor too.

wicky
January 15th, 2014, 07:11 PM
We always overestimate out weight bcause of social reaaction to normal weight gain. Ttill I was 16 I used to be really stick skinny until ..then suddenly I started putting on weight....It was really embarrassing, everybody saying "you've put on and patting my tummy and alll...I was devastated, I wanted my washboard abs.to show off at beach...After much thought i saw...this is normal weight gain of grwoing up. I gave up dieting I did not gain further.....my waist went from a skinny 26 in to healthy 32 in....I now weigh 64kg from 48kg at 5 foot 10....I now go to beach...go shirtless...my tummy may not have rips it had earlier and may be shiny and plump but that is the normal....I even go skinnny dipping (i do not strip nude...I keep my briefs on).....added advantage is my butt which was non existant before has now grown to be a really cute bubble butt...my GF loves it too........I met my GF also after I stopped being skinny..