PDA

View Full Version : Am I on the rode to becoming Anorexic?

Strawberry_Essence
November 20th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Am I Anorexic?

I've felt very insecure about my physical appearance for as long as I can remember. Recently I've decided to act upon those insecurities. For the last year I've been eating one small meal a day in the evening. After cutting my meals to be so tiny for about a week, I suddenly stopped feeling hungry or even having an appetite at all. Occasionally I will eat a fatty food but I always end up feeling terrible afterwards, emotionally. I feel bad for making such a poor food decision that I end up punishing myself by not eating the rest of the day even if I do feel hungry. I am in a JROTC program and have some very intense workouts through out the week. Even when I have these workouts (in the morning) I don't eat prior or after working out. I will only drink water. I'm very involved in my community and do a lot of service and travel to a lot of places to to ROTC. I walk almost everywhere I go and this past week I've been walking home from school everyday (3 MILES/ 5K) and have felt fatigued. I weight 93lbs and I am 5'0" tall. I've forced my self to puke three meals this year. (I know it's not a lot but still). I also am depressed, have an Anxiety Disorder, have ADD, and Insomnia. Possibly PTSD.

Pseudogeek
November 21st, 2013, 12:13 AM
Those definitely seem like warning signs of anorexia.

At 5 feet, 93 lbs is underweight.

Try talking to someone you trust. My best friend was anorexic and it was hell for her and her family/friends.

Just remember, you are how and who you are for a reason :)

AnaMarie99
December 13th, 2013, 04:34 PM
yeah sounds like it

fordgtguy
December 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I just dont understand how people do this to themselves. Just letting you know being that weight and height is almost worse for you then being obese. When your obese your body has fat to eat when you are skinny your body has nothing to eat other then your kidneys and liver. So start eat and gaining weight at 5 feet you should be 110-120 pounds. Good luck

Katiya
December 13th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I just dont understand how people do this to themselves. Just letting you know being that weight and height is almost worse for you then being obese. When your obese your body has fat to eat when you are skinny your body has nothing to eat other then your kidneys and liver. So start eat and gaining weight at 5 feet you should be 110-120 pounds. Good luck

So I suppose that you would call me anorexic because I'm 120 and 5'6" even though I eat normal and am not losing? Just on the idea that I'm "too thin" even tho my doc says I'm in perfect health? I don't obses over weight or food, I'm just thin because of my active life style and I like it this way.

According to you I'd have to gain 15 lbs to be "healthy" however if I did this I would not be able to keep up my active lifestyle. Being a couch potato is quite unhealthy.
Some people naturally weigh less. Being obese is just as bad if not worse for your health. It causes diabetes and heart problems.

How can I do this to my self? Well let's see, I practice gymnastics daily because I love it. I would never give up my passion to just appease people who are likely jealous that they aren't fit. I get fat lards all the time calling me anorexic and they couldn't do a pushup to save there lives. I know they are either jelous or just trying to be hurtful.
There are reasons people are thin other than anorexia or ED. Its a pet peeve of mine to lable someone anorexic or ed because of their weight and height. Its about how much it bothers the person, an ed specificly states negative self image or thoughts about food. Many people are thin and have none of that.

As for the op it seams to affect her negatively so she should seek a person to talk with sense it bothers her.

I would speak with some one as it obviously impacts you in a negative way and you deserve to be happy with who you are no matter how much you weigh. :) Focus on being happy with your self, not weight up or down. If you want to stay thin its fine as long as you don't get extreme about it. Many people are very thin and not anorexic. Pick what your happy with and dont go any lowwer.Its important to be happy with you so work on that.

glad0s
December 14th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Speaking from experience with anorexia, it sounds like you may experiencing it. Good thing is, you are aware of the dangers of this. Like Pseudogeek said, talk to someone you trust. Hope things get better :)

Miri
December 16th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I knew someone with anorexia. We weren't close, but I was close with one of her best friends, and I saw that it really affects everyone that you're close with.

Those seem like some of the warning signs of the disorder to me, so I would say that you are definitely at risk. I would find someone you trust and talk to them about it. If it's anorexia, it's not as easy as just eating more, there are a lot of psychological aspects to deal with as well. At 5 feet, 93 pounds is underweight, so I hope you can start working towards a healthy weight soon.

Good luck, and I wish you all the best!