PDA

View Full Version : I don't really draw...

unknownuser
November 13th, 2013, 12:29 AM
...sometimes I just get bored, start something, and then come back to it months later... this I started weeks ago and go a tiny bit at a time- I'll probably never finish it...

There's still a lot to be done, but any tips or suggestions thus far?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l484/juliedx3/IMGP7241_zps9615cb5d.jpg (http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/juliedx3/media/IMGP7241_zps9615cb5d.jpg.html)

pingo5
November 13th, 2013, 10:40 PM
im by no means best, and this is amazing, but i have a few suggestions:
1) lighten the border around the lips, i see this alot and it makes the lips look odd on the face.
2) eyelashes... when doing curves, turn it so they follow the curve of your wrist, and do a snapping motion with your pencil, you will get a taper effect, rather than just a square line.
3) my art teacher always told me to not draw individual hairs, although i find it works nicely if you layer hairs, starting with a light pencil, and clumping hair together, shading, just following the path of the hair gradually getting darker, basically drawing each hair on top of each other.
not much else. this is much better than i can do(well, i dont know, i havent drawn any faces in a while... guess i should try soon) but keep going! if you can draw this just from boredom, i cant imagine what it would look like if you got into it.

kylem
November 13th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Wow I wish I could draw like that. If I can draw a basic shape like a square or circle, i'm doing good!:D

Beltway
November 14th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I suggest to lightly and when i mean lightly move a pencil around the light hair just give a thin layer of led and it makes it more realistic

Jess
November 25th, 2013, 10:37 PM
That is really really good. I can't even draw a face...

ksdnfkfr
November 25th, 2013, 10:59 PM
I wish I really don't draw that well.

Kasp
November 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
You're better than me that's for sure :)

workingatperfect
November 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Only thing is around the lips. The shape is a bit off for the angle. On the side facing away, you should still be able to see the corner of her lips. Just make it a steeper curve inwards on the top lip. Also, they're a bit off-center with her nose, as far as the dip in the middle of her upper lip. Then work on the shading around that area, a little lighter just above and below her lips aside from maybe just below the center of her bottom lip... I'd make the curve of her chin as well, and then shade much lighter below it. (Sorry if that bit is confusing lol)

And then as someone else said with the eyelashes. Try not to make them too long also, that's a mistake I used to make a lot. But our eyelashes don't naturally curve up very much, so when looking straight on, they aren't so pronounced. Watch making them too thick on the bottom too.

Jalinta
December 9th, 2013, 06:10 AM
This is realyl good - you're seriously talented :) A few suggestions I'd make you could consider if you like are again the line around the lips which I know a few other people have mentioned. I would also add a bit more shading maybe to the nose - not a lot, but just a little to give it a little more depth. With the hair, I like how you've started shading on the right side, but after teh shading I'd draw almost like a layer of individual hairs, just to give it a more realistic impression. A lot of people have mentioend gently curving the eyelashes too which would help - but the eyes youv'e drawn are absolutely incredible , it's a really beautiful picture so far :)