PDA

View Full Version : Do I have OCD?

cianguy
November 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I think I am OCD but am not sure. For me, everything MUST be smytrical. Book piles, computer setup, things in games. Is that OCD or just organization?

drmindfreak
November 10th, 2013, 08:07 PM
If it doesn't interfere on your normal daily life, I guess it's organization or you are just a bit fussy and there's nothing wrong on that. But if you get irrational thoughts about it, like something bad is gonna happen if you don't store the things in that way or you get anxiety if they aren't, then maybe you should go to the doctor and get tested.

AldinMN
November 10th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I would say yes then.. or just VERY organized. hahaha

StoppingTime
November 10th, 2013, 09:05 PM
It's incredibly unlikely this is caused by OCD. "Liking things in order" isn't what OCD is, it's just, well, liking things in order. As mentioned, OCD is more of an actual compulsion to do something for no other reason than to do it because you feel that you have to, or something (likely negative) will happen if you don't. It can also easily be recognized by patterns, so for example, if you needed exactly 34 books in a row descending in size, that might be something to look further into, but my guess is you just like things orderly.

ATOMICskittles
November 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hey your probably not, you're like me where you have OCD Tendencies . I have the same and I also sometimes have to read everything on a box (ex. All nutrition facts and words), things can't be crooked, doors have to be closed, everything must be in color order like colored pencils, etc. Don't worry, if it's interfering with your life (extremely), then you should get tested but I don't think so. :)

Pseudogeek
November 16th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I count to three over and over in almost everything I do, I don't like dribbling a basketball more than ten or less than three times (and odd numbers feel wrong despite the fact that I hate even numbers) and I don't have OCD because it doesnt interfere with my life. that's what makes the difference between OCD and idiosyncrasies.

Dark Hatred
November 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I used to have OCD, but I guess I grew out of it. It might be mild OCD or your just really organized :)