PDA

View Full Version : there is some advantages to a.d.d

johndoe1112
November 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM
i am not a very hyper person i have a.d.d and i love to shoot guns so one advantage i have is i can focus better onto the target. does anyone else know how to use advantages to there a.d.d and how do you do it

Geoform
November 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM
I've been lucky enough to master my ADD, and I do find there are many advantages.

1) Because I can hyperfocus, I learned to control it, and I can absorb approx. 70% of what I read

2) I'm also very good with air rifles and bows (I've never managed to get my hands on an actual rifle

There ARE more, but if you want to go look at "ADHD" (the book) which has TONS of advice and facts

The Trendy Wolf
November 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Well, you could take a look at my thread (It's right below this one) to see how I use my ADHD to my advantage. :D

Mojofilter
December 3rd, 2013, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I found that with my ADD I can be so interested on one topic that's completely irrelevant, or doing one thing that just occupies all my time. Except those things never include doing school work or homework. Ehhh.. I'm a chronic procrastinator anyways :cool:

ksdnfkfr
December 3rd, 2013, 01:41 AM
i am not a very hyper person i have a.d.d and i love to shoot guns so one advantage i have is i can focus better onto the target. does anyone else know how to use advantages to there a.d.d and how do you do it

I was just thinking about this.
Because I have motor dysfunction I suck
at every sport. But I am a really good marksman.
And I believe that hyper focus is also helping me
with my new hobby of photography.

zelda234
December 3rd, 2013, 09:51 PM
I have pretty severe ADD - runs in my family. Let me tell you, I can work on projects better than ANYONE I know. If I start an art project at 9:00 pm (whenever the inspiration hits me), I will literally work on it all night without losing focus. The ending product is always great.
I can memorize music a lot more quickly than other people - and remember song lyrics MUCH longer than other people. I can play songs from band class from memory without mistakes, and my classmates are like, "that sounds familiar. Did we play that once?" I'm like, "Yeah. 4 years ago." Definitely an advantage of ADD.
I'm very detail oriented, and can focus on miniscule things without getting impatient/bored/tired... if it sparks my interest.
Super good at video games, have good muscle memory and aim...
Overall, just heightened ability to focus. On stuff I like.

Pseudogeek
December 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
I'm not so much hyper as fidgety and restless...

But when I want something, I can memorize like crazy, my brain goes so fast that in games that require a good reaction time I am awesome, and if I like something I understand it reaaaaalllly quickly. The downside is that because my brain goes so fast time feels way too slow. A 3-minute song feels like 10 minutes, no joke

shyguy27
February 6th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I'm an animator and even though ADD makes school DREADFULLY hard, I can hyperfocus and animate for 6-7 hours at a time without breaking focus.

I have pretty severe ADD - runs in my family. Let me tell you, I can work on projects better than ANYONE I know. If I start an art project at 9:00 pm (whenever the inspiration hits me), I will literally work on it all night without losing focus. The ending product is always great.
I can memorize music a lot more quickly than other people - and remember song lyrics MUCH longer than other people. I can play songs from band class from memory without mistakes, and my classmates are like, "that sounds familiar. Did we play that once?" I'm like, "Yeah. 4 years ago." Definitely an advantage of ADD.
I'm very detail oriented, and can focus on miniscule things without getting impatient/bored/tired... if it sparks my interest.
Super good at video games, have good muscle memory and aim...
Overall, just heightened ability to focus. On stuff I like.

I didn't know ADD helped with creativity. I'm also able to just sit down and start playing any old song I heard once three years ago, and it makes my music-obsessed friend FURIOUS. He started studying music theory just so he's on my level (I know he's not a very good friend for doing this. I know better than to come to him with my personal problems :))

Emerald Dream
February 6th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: