PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who binges/purges.

AppealToReason
October 30th, 2013, 10:57 PM
So, since my health is starting to go downhill, I thought it'd be important for me to post this just as a warning to all those with bulimia or anyone who purges. I know most who do this already know of the effects it can have on your health, but another reminder can't hurt.

I had been binging/purging for about a year straight. I would literally purge after every meal even if it was just a banana or piece of chocolate. During this time, I went through the normal issues that come with any ED like depression. After a year of this, I forced myself to stop due to some health concerns I was having. My teeth got bad, my heart ached, my breathing was abnormal. I thought all would return to normal and didn't see a doctor. About two months ago, my heart started beating much more rapidly than it should. My breathing got worse and I could tell something was wrong, but chose to ignore it. Two weeks ago I went to the ER because I couldn't breathe and my heart was beating. The doctors didn't find anything wrong with me so they sent me home that night. I went back for the same thing a couple days later due to feeling worse and I got set up with a cardiologist. Turns out one of my teeth began to rot from the purging leading to what may be blood poisoning. I still need to go back in a couple of days to find out, but I'm more or less sure that this is what it is.
Anyways, I talked to a nurse and she told me that the survival rate for a serious infection is somewhere like 20 - 30%, so if this is what it is, there's a good chance I might not live much longer. And if I do, I'm going to have serious health problems for the rest of my short life.
So, for anyone reading this who happens to purge, please get help and stop. Shit's not worth the consequences on your health.

Katiya
October 30th, 2013, 11:44 PM
If your still at home walking around the blood poisoning isn't serious, well not life threatening at the moment. Having known someone who got bp they were Very very gravely I'll. They were admitted and did make a full recovery.

I think the nurse is just trying to scare you. I had one tell me I was going to die once. I'm fine. It was over a medication reaction. She was just an ass.

If it was bad they'd have put you in the hospital. I assume you don't feel too bad right now?

Katiya
October 30th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I do not purge or have an Ed. By the way. I just speak from the medical standpoint.

AppealToReason
October 30th, 2013, 11:49 PM
I haven't talked to an actual doctor about the BP yet, only the nurse. I'm going to talk to a doctor about it tomorrow.
But no, I feel like shit right now. My heart is still racing, I'm freezing, my head hurts, and it's tough to breathe. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Katiya
October 30th, 2013, 11:58 PM
I haven't talked to an actual doctor about the BP yet, only the nurse. I'm going to talk to a doctor about it tomorrow.
But no, I feel like shit right now. My heart is still racing, I'm freezing, my head hurts, and it's tough to breathe. Will see what happens tomorrow.

I personally would go to the er if its that bad. You could have bp or another problem. The er would likely admit you in case you take any kind of a turn for the worst. They could also process a blood test within a half hour.

I have personal experience in the er, I've had lots of injury's and complications in my short life. The er is pretty quick. And if you say you have trouble breathing they'll get you right in. I had a reaction to a migraine med once and I had trouble breathing, they put me ahead of 15 people to get me in. They take it very serious