PDA

View Full Version : Man vs women!

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
what gender is better?

this is just a bit of fun not an equality debate

I personally think man because we burn fat and build muscle a lot easier, I know I'm a bit too skinny and need to tone up but it's easier should I ever bother
:D

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Considering your views on gender equality I'd say this is an equally debate.

However I don't really see the fun in saying which gender is better. But sure men must be better because we can get rid of body fat quickly. There isn't even any substance to this.

No one gender is better, no one gender is worse. This sounds like a debate from the 1800's

Mynick
October 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Hope some users don't take this too seriously, since i don't think it's the intention of the OP.
Women can multi task better than us, plus boobs (:P). I vote for them.

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Considering your views on gender equality I'd say this is an equally debate.

However I don't really see the fun in saying which gender is better. But sure men must be better because we can get rid of body fat quickly. There isn't even any substance to this.

No one gender is better, no one gender is worse. This sounds like a debate from the 1800's

I'm talking physically, who has the better life?

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM

No-one has a better life based on their physical nature, especially in regards to their gender. Your physical attributes are based on your genes and your environment. A female athlete has a much better BPM, stamina and flexibility than I would have, you can't just cast some blanket net over the whole issue and say one gender is better than the other. I don't really see the relevance in talking about the difference between a man and women's body- I thought everyone over the age of 11 knew that

NeuroTiger
October 30th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Certainly the male and female anatomies differ but I do believe that both are equally good.
I was made a boy and I live by it...I've never thought if being a girl was better.
Personally, men and women are equal to some extent.

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
-edited. off topic and unnecessary. -Emerald Dream

Certainly the male and female anatomies differ but I do believe that both are equally good.
I was made a boy and I live by it...I've never thought if being a girl was better.
Personally, men and women are equal to some extent.

what about socially? women get stuff bought for them, whereas men have to pay:D

Mynick
October 30th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Ok some serious answer now, i kinda agree with that, in some situations they can 'flirt' their way through the world.
Body wise i guess we are kinda equal, and a lot of conditions will dictate how someone will be. Not only DNA.

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM

And this pretty much sums up the debate. Women do not get stuff bought for them that's pretty much an out of date stereotype. I don't understand the obsession that we have with carving out these gender roles for men and women in the 21st century- it's not the 1950's anymore.

NeuroTiger
October 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Well, if u mean in those social term. By norm, men foot the bills.
I'm sorry but I can't find much to go against the genders.

CharlieHorse
October 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
They're equal.

But I do think that women should be better than men.

But an equal society works better.

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
And this pretty much sums up the debate. Women do not get stuff bought for them that's pretty much an out of date stereotype.

actually they do, on a date men pay, it's not an issue but is a bonus for women, also as mentioned above women can flirt their way though situations

oh and to answer the question everyone is asking it's not social or physical, but more who has the better life, could be for either

please do not double post. -Emerald Dream

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM
actually they do, on a date men pay, it's not an issue but is a bonus for women, also as mentioned above women can flirt their way though situations

oh and to answer the question everyone is asking it's not social or physical, but more who has the better life, could be for either

please do not double post. -Emerald Dream

Men can also flirt there way through situations. I know for a fact that's a true, there is a reason my best mate doesn't have to pay me back for anything.

Earlier you said it was physical but no it's not? I'm a bit confused OP

Who has a better life? Their are about 10,000 things which determine who has a better life. They include were you live, who raises you, what school you go to, if your upbringing is stable.

Being a man doesn't insure you have a better life, being a woman doesn't insure you have a worse life.

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Men can also flirt there way through situations. I know for a fact that's a true, there is a reason my best mate doesn't have to pay me back for anything.

Earlier you said it was physical but no it's not? I'm a bit confused OP

Who has a better life? Their are about 10,000 things which determine who has a better life. They include were you live, who raises you, what school you go to, if your upbringing is stable.

Being a man doesn't insure you have a better life, being a woman doesn't insure you have a worse life.

ok so men can go find a gay guy to live off, true, but it's socially excepted for the guy to pay for the women in a traditional relationship

Jess
October 30th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Neither. Neither is better, neither is worse, both has its goods and bads.

Although, in a tiny tiny way, men are better....or at least, they're lucky, because they don't have to deal with pregnancy and ugh, monthlies >_> Not just that but women are not yet completely equal, at least they aren't in some countries where they're treated worse than animals. Not even in the US would I say they are completely, 100% equal to men.

Overall, neither has the "better" life, although said I said earlier, men have it better in some ways.

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 02:16 PM
ok so men can go find a gay guy to live off, true, but it's socially excepted for the guy to pay for the women in a traditional relationship

It's also socially accepted in Saudi Arabia for a man to beat his husband, that doesn't make it correct does it?

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
It's also socially accepted in Saudi Arabia for a man to beat his husband, that doesn't make it correct does it?

you have just done exactly what you moan at me for doing, and man beating husbands? things you have a typo there

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 02:28 PM
you have just done exactly what you moan at me for doing, and man beating husbands? things you have a typo there

Yes it's a type, I'll be happy to edit it.

It's widely acknowledged that Saudi Arabia has not only a number of sexist laws but also that it's accepting of sharia law allows a husband to stone his wife due to the fact it's part of the social norm. I love that your major counter to my argument is a typo

Saudi Arabia, which applies a strict version of Islamic law, imposes many restrictions on women, based on laws and traditions that empower male guardians.

On September 24, a Saudi appeals court upheld the June 15 conviction of Saudi women’s rights activists Wajeha al-Huwaider and Fawzia al-Oyouni for “inciting a woman against her husband,” based on their attempt to help the woman in distress.

This is a country which doesn't let women drive, please don't try and defend Saudi Arabia's position on domestic abuse

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Yes it's a type, I'll be happy to edit it.

It's widely acknowledged that Saudi Arabia has not only a number of sexist laws but also that it's accepting of sharia law allows a husband to stone his wife due to the fact it's part of the social norm. I love that your major counter to my argument is a typo

This is a country which doesn't let women drive, please don't try and defend Saudi Arabia's position on domestic abuse

you just done what you moan at me for, and stoning your wife is rather different than paying for your dates meal

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 02:42 PM
you just done what you moan at me for, and stoning your wife is rather different than paying for your dates meal

I moan at you for a number of different things, could you enlighten me to which one it is?

Yes it's different, but it links back to the idea of culture and social norms. The idea that all guys pay the bills at dates and that they have a moral duty to is flawed because in the majority of relationships the finances are mainly equal. Just because it's the social norm doesn't mean that it's correct

Emerald Dream
October 30th, 2013, 02:46 PM
you just done what you moan at me for

I moan at you for a number of different things, could you enlighten me to which one it is?

If you two have a problem, I prefer you keep it off the thread. Work it out privately. It constantly takes away from actual debates and discussions.

I believe that men and women are equal, to keep on topic. Sure, there are physical, emotional, and social differences...but it comes close to evening out in the end.

Harry Smith
October 30th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I believe that men and women are equal, to keep on topic. Sure, there are physical, emotional, and social differences...but it comes close to evening out in the end.

On the topic I agree, men and woman are protected to be legally equal, and despite the physical differences it's important to remember that it doesn't really matter about the gender it matters about the character.

Cygnus
October 30th, 2013, 04:34 PM
None, no gender is superior in any way and I see this thread unnecessary.

conniption
October 30th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Both genders suck equally :)

teen.jpg
October 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?

Luminous
November 3rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
Honestly, neither. Often, women are kind of put up on a pedestal, the stereotypical hetero guy hits on the hot girl and buys her food. That kind of thing is not fair or right, it should be just as acceptable the other way around, but that is not why I am saying this. I brought that up because I think a lot of people - both men and women - think that women have it easier because of that stereotype, because girls have a 'hot bod' and guys 'don't'. But reality is, girls can't flirt their way through life. Life is equally challenging for both men and women, socially and physically. Some individuals have it better than others but not because of gender.

^^That's just a bit hypocritical..

drmindfreak
November 4th, 2013, 05:27 AM
None, at least nowadays they are both ocially equal so none is better or worse. Physically men are stronger but women are kind of genetically prone to be able to deal with more kind of situations.

Mob Boss
November 4th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Both genders suck equally :)

This....
Mirman, I applaud you.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/141/788/Slow_Clap_ITS_A_GIF_PARTY_RE_Rebecca_Black_Friday-s420x315-140048-580.gif

Then I realize we get boobs and I'm like...http://i.imgur.com/Tj1bKhL.gif?1....I take that back a bit.

I honestly don't believe one is better than the other. Both genders rely on one another to continue to develop the human race. Sure both have certain advantages or things they thrive at in comparison to their counterpart, but in the big scheme of things we're all equal. Except in the case of hermaphrodites; they win hands down.

britishboy
November 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
women socially, men pay for the dinners etc and its more excepted to live off a man

physically men, stronger and fitter, burn fat easy and build muscle easy

Stronk Serb
November 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
women socially, men pay for the dinners etc and its more excepted to live off a man

physically men, stronger and fitter, burn fat easy and build muscle easy

My mother and her sister work for themselves. There are many cases of men living off women. Your statement is outdated, and insulting to some females.

britishboy
November 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
My mother and her sister work for themselves. There are many cases of men living off women. Your statement is outdated, and insulting to some females.

what is more excepted? men or women to pay?

Harry Smith
November 4th, 2013, 01:56 PM
what is more excepted? men or women to pay?

200 years ago it was accepted for a white person to own a slave- by that theory slavery is Good...

britishboy
November 4th, 2013, 02:04 PM
200 years ago it was accepted for a white person to own a slave- by that theory slavery is Good...

no not at all, buying a girl dinner is different to owning a slave and I said which was more socially excepted not which is better

Harry Smith
November 4th, 2013, 02:05 PM
no not at all, buying a girl dinner is different to owning a slave and I said which was more socially excepted not which is better

But surely the girl would rather not have dinner for her since it shows the sexist nature of our society, it's a bit like saying oh this slave has a better life than his owner because he doesn't have to pay rent

britishboy
November 4th, 2013, 02:29 PM
But surely the girl would rather not have dinner for her since it shows the sexist nature of our society, it's a bit like saying oh this slave has a better life than his owner because he doesn't have to pay rent

its just social norm to pay for dinner, some girls go no please let me pay my half, others (or up themselves bitches as I know them am) insist you pay incredibly rudely, ruining the point of it

candorgen
November 4th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Both genders are different but not better than the other. Looking from a biological perspective, both are equally important to keep a species going. Trying to find a way that one is better or worse than the other is just stupid, frankly.
We have more to think about than this.

Jess
November 4th, 2013, 04:14 PM

Excepted? Do you mean accepted? I've never heard of "socially excepted" unless you mean "expected" (or "accepted").

Either way, neither is the case any longer, or at least, it's rare. It's the 21st century. A girl doesn't have to live off men, doesn't have to expect the guy to pay.

Harley Quinn
November 4th, 2013, 04:20 PM
its just social norm to pay for dinner, some girls go no please let me pay my half, others (or up themselves bitches as I know them am) insist you pay incredibly rudely, ruining the point of it

and you have a girlfriend how?

britishboy
November 4th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Excepted? Do you mean accepted? I've never heard of "socially excepted" unless you mean "expected" (or "accepted").

Either way, neither is the case any longer, or at least, it's rare. It's the 21st century. A girl doesn't have to live off men, doesn't have to expect the guy to pay.
sorry, I cant spell to save my life, and yeah its less common but I think its easier for a girl to get away with than a guy, personally I think we should all pay our way through life.
and you have a girlfriend how?

yep 2 year anniversary early January why?

Azalez070
November 5th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Well, i simply think humans are a great, we are a wonderful huge puzzle, which is alway great to try to solve, we have different new things every day.. Thats what i think, and i totally love all that comes with a girl, its a great puzzle in life to deal with.. :D