PDA

View Full Version : Am I headed down that path?

zrt12907
October 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Lately this is what I have been eating:
A spoonful of peanut butter
Vitamin Water
A cookie at lunch
And what I eat for dinner.
This is like half of what it used to eat, and it has been rapid lately. I used to be really fat, and I still feel like I am. People say I am not, and have a semi decent body, but all I see is rolls that apparently aren't even there. I have been emotionally changed by what people called me, such as snow cone(tits) and other mean things, that I pull my shirt at least once a minute, because I feel like my shirt is clinging to the fat. Am I headed down a bad path?

Katiya
October 30th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Ehh, not really. I eat like that. I have a Lil cereal for breakfast, one boiled egg for lunch and what ever for dinner. I'm not anarexic. I'm actually very healthy and fit.

It can be healthy to eat like that long as your not starving your self at dinner. And as long as you maintain a weight that is within 10 pounds of the norm for your height and age. If your under or are dropping under fast that's a problem. If your under normal weight and still think your fat, that's a problem.

Being skinny or low apitie isn't anorexia. Its important to know the dif and if your heading for ana or just a person who trys hard to stay thin. Lady gaga started that fad diet of only drinking water and then eating for dinner. Its not unsafe unless your getting way to skinny. 10 under the norm is about as far as the average person can get before they have problems. I'm 10 under and very healthy, but its just my build. Im also a successful gymnast and very athletic and strong.

I think too many people go off the dock about ed and jump the gun to tell people to stuff their face or talk to someone and get the person all worked up. If it bothers you, do speak with someone. But don't go binge or starve or feel like you must have an ed. I've seriously seen people that looked healthy, a tad on the thin side get worried, got to a counselor and start stuffing their face BC they think they have an end and they end up over weight. I have actually seen it.

There's a dif between being conscious of what you eat and how much you weigh than being anorexic. Some people chose to be very very thin but keep it at a certain weight for say a modeling career. That's not an ed just preference. Ana is a person who is never satisfied with their weight. If you find your self already quite thin and your still not satisfied then its time to take a closer look.

Frankly I'm tired of people calling me anorexic for having low body fat. Its because I'm extremely active and mesomorphic, its just me! I'm not losing and I'm a star athlete. My doc passes me as extremely fit and healthy. ED is becoming a bit misguided and I don't think people should judge just on looks or how much a person appears to eat.

1_21Guns
October 30th, 2013, 05:22 AM
I do slightly disagree with Katiya on this, having had a minor episode with anorexia (or something similar at least) myself and one of my closest friends having been hospitalised for it I think that how much you weigh isn't anything to do with it, your weight is just how an idiot doctor would diagnose you, there are many other psychological symptoms of eating disorders.
I think the point here isn't whether or not you actually are going down a dark road, but taking steps to avoid going down it because if you are going down it, you're only at the start of the road anyway. Eat healthily, have 3 meals a day, exercise. Those things aren't about losing weight or being skinny they're about being healthy which is what you should be aiming for. Look in the mirror, never mind the bad things you think you can see, write down good things, there are some if you really try! You need to accept who you are and what you should be at.

Katiya
October 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I do slightly disagree with Katiya on this, having had a minor episode with anorexia (or something similar at least) myself and one of my closest friends having been hospitalised for it I think that how much you weigh isn't anything to do with it, your weight is just how an idiot doctor would diagnose you, there are many other psychological symptoms of eating disorders.
I think the point here isn't whether or not you actually are going down a dark road, but taking steps to avoid going down it because if you are going down it, you're only at the start of the road anyway. Eat healthily, have 3 meals a day, exercise. Those things aren't about losing weight or being skinny they're about being healthy which is what you should be aiming for. Look in the mirror, never mind the bad things you think you can see, write down good things, there are some if you really try! You need to accept who you are and what you should be at.

Ultimately it comes down to the person. Are they obsessing over their weight in an extreme manner? Starving, fasting ridiculous amounts of time, refusing to drink water because it can make them fat, constantly worried every waking second about losing weight? Yeah I'd say that's a sight of ED regardless of how much a person weighs.

But many people are just concerned and would like to be thinner. They aren't taking drastic measures and obsessing like a OCD over their weight. Liking your body is a whole different thing than anorexia.

People shouldn't accuse any young girl watching her weight or dieting of being anorexic. You can fast, or eat less and be very healthy. Many adults use these methods to much success. Many people fail at diets because of lack of will power, and then they try to tell us who succeed that there's something wrong with us just because they are jealous. Some counselors are like that, not all.

By all means, if its bothering you enough that you feel like talking to some one. Do talk! ED or not you deserve to be heard.

If you want to be healthy and thin. Avoid sugar and breads. Mostly the sugar. That's what packs on the pounds. Not fat. Eat vegetables, fruits instead of deserts.

With that you will find you can eat more and not gain pounds. Its impossible to become fat on fruits and vegetables. So have protine for breakfast and other meals and have the veggies and fruits when your hungry.

Just cutting out sugar and breads is the best thing to do and you will likely lose weight and not become unhealthy in the midsts of dieting.

I personally use this mmethod for gym and I'm fit and healthy as well as very trim and of course muscular from all the gymnastic practice. Muscle looks good so work out a bit. You'd be surprised how much better youl look after a few months of working out hard for even one hour a week.

The above is a very healthy way of life so if you want to look better try that. Any one skinny or fat can benefit from eating the healthy foods. Fill up on plants is what my doc tells people. Because you can't gain from the fruits and veggies. ;)

brighamcalvert
November 21st, 2013, 11:39 PM
That's good i appreciate your information.