PDA

View Full Version : Why do people have such negative feelings towards A.D.D

Shadrack
October 26th, 2013, 07:54 AM
I have A.D.D, I have been re-diagnosed every few years. I don't mind that I have it. I see so many people have negative feelings towards A.D.D and people with it. We are still people. We can still hold conversations. It's not like we're gonna die from it or you catch it from us. It pisses me off that people have negative feelings towards it.

ksdnfkfr
October 26th, 2013, 09:19 AM
It is like that with any neurological
disorder. It triggers some kind of
primitive dark ages kind of reaction.
I have autism and adhd, so I have
experienced plenty of it. The same
goes for people with clinical depression
and people with epilepsy.
Just remember, that that is their problem
and try to be tolerant (not easy I know).

Derryck
October 26th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Ya know, I haven't experienced much of this. People give me weird looks when I openly admit to being an aspie, but nothing more than that.

ksdnfkfr
October 26th, 2013, 09:36 AM
It probably differs depending
on location. I know I have it
easier where I live.

devinprater
January 12th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I have ADD, and have taken meds like ridlin, or however you spell it, in my childhood. It only made me sleepy. So, when the school counsellor found out it had no effect, it was stopped. Since then, I've tried binaural beats and isochronic tones to try and fix it a little, and honestly don't care anymore. Its just a part of who I am, and I deal with it.

AlexOnToast
January 12th, 2014, 12:05 PM
It is like that with any neurological
disorder. It triggers some kind of
primitive dark ages kind of reaction.
I have autism and adhd, so I have
experienced plenty of it. The same
goes for people with clinical depression
and people with epilepsy.
Just remember, that that is their problem
and try to be tolerant (not easy I know).

I think Ezra summed it up here, it IS THEIR problem.
Fundimentally I see it it in the same light as racism, and i never put up with intolerance to something that a person has no controll over (race, sexuality, mental/neurological disorder).

Elysium
January 12th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I have ADD, and have taken meds like ridlin, or however you spell it, in my childhood. It only made me sleepy. So, when the school counsellor found out it had no effect, it was stopped. Since then, I've tried binaural beats and isochronic tones to try and fix it a little, and honestly don't care anymore. Its just a part of who I am, and I deal with it.
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more. :locked: