PDA

View Full Version : Eating Less

chargersfan
October 19th, 2013, 12:19 AM
This might belong in another topic section, but an admin can move it if it does, anyways I'm 15 years old and the general knowledge is that you are supposed to be a bottomless pit when it comes to eating, I however am hardly ever hungry anymore. In the last 2 weeks I have gone from 151 to 145, and in the last year I have gone from 164 to 145 and I was never fat and I am not exercising any more or less than normal (or differently than) but I am just not as hungry anymore and I have lost almost 20 pounds in the last year from doing virtually nothing and I have stopped growing, (I'm 5'11) Is this reason for concern?

Hermes
October 19th, 2013, 04:41 AM
If you have stopped growing naturally that would be an obvious reason to be less hungry as you do not need the food to fuel growth. 5'11" is within the normal adult height range. How do you compare with the rest of your family?

Regarding the weight it is possible that the amount you ate when you were growing was driven by your need for protein but to get that much you ended up eating more calories than you needed and stored some and, now you are eating less, that is now being used.

That isn't the only possible explanation through. I'd look up a BMI calculator and check your weight is in the heathy range, If that shows you as underweight then it would be best to consult your doctor.

chargersfan
October 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM
If you have stopped growing naturally that would be an obvious reason to be less hungry as you do not need the food to fuel growth. 5'11" is within the normal adult height range. How do you compare with the rest of your family?

Regarding the weight it is possible that the amount you ate when you were growing was driven by your need for protein but to get that much you ended up eating more calories than you needed and stored some and, now you are eating less, that is now being used.

That isn't the only possible explanation through. I'd look up a BMI calculator and check your weight is in the heathy range, If that shows you as underweight then it would be best to consult your doctor.

I'm adopted, but from what I know my birth mother was 5'2 and birth father was 6 feet. I just thought it was unusual to not have an appetite anymore, I get full from eating almost nothing. But I get hungry again really fast like 20 minutes or less after I'm full.

TheCoolKid1337
October 19th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty much the same way. I'll be 15 in a month and I barely eat as much as what people think my age group does. I'm fairly skinny, and even when I do eat a lot I don't gain weight. I just get skinnier and skinnier. I don't mind that much though, i'd rather be skinny than overweight but if it comes to the point where I sickly skinny i'll take action.

Heyman
October 19th, 2013, 03:04 PM
When I was 14 I never stopped eating, but at 15 I only ate sometimes, but now its like in between but it is picking up........

chargersfan
October 19th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I was never a gigantic eater to begin with, but I go a whole day without even eating lunch at school and I'll barely be able to finish a small plate of dinner. And all I have for breakfast is a banana and half of a piece of peanut butter and jelly toast.

Harley Quinn
October 19th, 2013, 04:34 PM
P101 :arrow: Eating Disorders.

chargersfan
October 19th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I'm down to 143 today, and I just weighed myself right after I ate dinner, which means I would be even lighter if I weighed myself when I just wake up or something.

1_21Guns
October 20th, 2013, 09:51 AM
No, I don't think so. Most boys will stop growing for small periods of time and the suddenly shoot up in a growth spurt. When I was in high school we all finished (aged 16 or so) and he was shorter than me, then when I saw him the following year he'd shot up considerably taller, people mature differently but in order to keep growing you do need to eat regularly, try eating small meals frequently if you don't feel like you can face a large meal.

nenno
October 26th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Regarding the weight it is possible that the amount you ate when you were growing was driven by your need for protein but to get that much you ended up eating more calories than you needed and stored some and, now you are eating less,