PDA

View Full Version : Here goes...

DrRaiku
October 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Okay so last week I went to the hospital to have a meeting with a psychiatrist and a social worker...
I told them about how I've been hearing whispers (and laughter.. it almost sounds mocking) and on occasion short phrases or words..

I also frequently see shadows moving around (during the day as well as the night) and consistently see things from the corner of my eye..

Nothing i've ever seen or heard was ever negative and the doctors don't think I'm psychotic because I'm fully aware that what I am experiencing is entirely psychosomatic ...

Any idea what the hell is happening?

Luminous
October 16th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I don't know, but good for you for getting the courage to meet with these people. They will find out why you are hearing things and seeing things and they will help. The first step is that first visit. One step down... and some more to go. Kudos. It is very good that you understand what you hear/see is not real. A lot of people don't understand and it can be very hard to overcome that feeling of reality.

DrRaiku
October 16th, 2013, 10:30 PM
I don't know, but good for you for getting the courage to meet with these people. They will find out why you are hearing things and seeing things and they will help. The first step is that first visit. One step down... and some more to go. Kudos. It is very good that you understand what you hear/see is not real. A lot of people don't understand and it can be very hard to overcome that feeling of reality.

.... Meeting with a psychiatrist is not big deal for me... They actually said they have no idea what it is.. Oh well.
Also I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about...
It's not only that I understand the sights and sounds I am experiencing are not real.. It's that I'm not delusional, or am I disassociated from what is fact and fiction.

... Very hard is quite the understatement. You would most likely need medication if you truly were schitzo, there are of course exceptions but I'm speaking in general terms.

Luminous
October 16th, 2013, 10:33 PM
.... Meeting with a psychiatrist is not big deal for me... They actually said they have no idea what it is.. Oh well.
Also I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about...
It's not only that I understand the sights and sounds I am experiencing are not real.. It's that I'm not delusional, or am I disassociated from what is fact and fiction.

... Very hard is quite the understatement. You would most likely need medication if you truly were schitzo, there are of course exceptions but I'm speaking in general terms.
Well don't worry, you will find out one day with lots of research and the right doctors.
There are different levels of schitzophrenia if I am correct and some people experience very mild cases. You are right, perhaps 'very hard' only just barely touches the surface.

DrRaiku
October 16th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Well don't worry, you will find out one day with lots of research and the right doctors.
There are different levels of schitzophrenia if I am correct and some people experience very mild cases. You are right, perhaps 'very hard' only just barely touches the surface.

You are correct, there are mild cases as well as different forms of schizophrenia.
Unfortunately, there are many cases when the 'mild' schizophrenia worsens and becomes an ever growing problem.