PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Depression

screamtobeheard
October 15th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but I don't think it fits any better anywhere else.

I'm taking 18 credits this semester, and they're all pretty challenging courses. The past few weeks have been exam after exam after project after project, and it's really starting to get to me. My anxiety has spiked: I'm nervous all the time, I can't think, I'm itchy as hell, I can't sleep (and when I can, I have bad dreams and am restless), I'm irritable, and the list goes on. I'm also starting to get back some of the feelings I was having when I was depressed, and my eating habits are out the window.

All in all, it's becoming extraordinarily difficult for me to deal with, and I'm considering going to the university counseling services and taking advantages of the counseling they offer. I've never liked counseling in the past, but I really think I need to do something about this. People are starting to notice that I'm on edge, and they're constantly asking if everything is okay. And I can barely go a day without spontaneously bursting into tears.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Amazerful
October 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I think you have it right, you should go to the counseling services and tell them your problems

1_21Guns
October 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I agree, if the helps right on your doorstep then go for it, just because you haven't enjoyed it before doesn't mean it won't work now. Nip it in the bud before it all gets out of hand, I've recently been to my doctor and now been put on meds and to be honest I waited way too long to get help, stay strong Amanda :hug3:

screamtobeheard
October 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks for your opinions! Now I just have to get the nerve to actually call.

Richee
October 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I would so agree I would see some counseling services it would not hurt it for sure would help to you. Anxiety is a bad thing it can have so many different problems on your body. Things you would not even think of.

Soulless
October 17th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for your opinions! Now I just have to get the nerve to actually call.

Liquid courage

Katiya
October 17th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Yeah go and give it a try. :)

Haha I'm on edge all the time, people notice me too but they receive me different and are hostile towards me so I return their favor of hostility. The vicious circle thing.

If people are asking you if your OK just tell one your having a hard time, just say "I'm having a hard time" instead of I'm fine. Most likely if they ask they care enough to listen to you or give you a hug. ;)

screamtobeheard
October 18th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks, everyone.

AbyssalLight7
October 20th, 2013, 04:18 AM
You said the constant workload was the source of the problem, if you can drop some classes, save them for the future. Lighten up the stress source.

blaketpert
November 22nd, 2013, 11:55 PM
I think you have it right, you should go to the counseling services and tell them your problems

I have to agree with you. Counseling can be a huge help.