September 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM
let the argument commence.

deadpie
September 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Atheists exist. Lol end of argument? hahahah what is this i don't even

Vlerchan
September 30th, 2013, 05:09 PM
What argument?

I surely exist or else I wouldn't be responding to this thread. You've failed to make any point proving my lack of existence. (Yes, I am baiting you into typing out a well thought out, rational argument proving how I don't exist in some utterly subjective and philosophical way - it'd be much easier to counter than the baseless statement you've provided thus far.)

LouBerry
September 30th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Erm... Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they exist. If not then I need to be locked up for have two imaginary best friends.

Mushin
September 30th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I see what you're trying to accomplish here. Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of god / gods. Yet atheists need to believe in their belief of not believing. Kind of paradoxical. But, atheism isn't referring to only a disbelief. It's the specific disbelief in god(s). So i'm going to have to agree with everyone else and say that there isn't a discussion here. Either that or i'm missing whatever it is you're trying to convey.

teen.jpg
September 30th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Uh, yeah. I would know because I thought I was one.

StoppingTime
September 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM
It's a paradox, yes. The fact that an atheist does not "believe" in any kind of deity therefore has a belief in the lack of a belief.

That doesn't mean the concept doesn't exist, though.

Luminous
September 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Because of this argument is why I do not classify myself as any religion. I simply don't believe in anything. But if anyone were to prove me wrong I would easily believe them.

Jess
September 30th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Yes we do. I'm one. I exist.

Camazotz
September 30th, 2013, 08:27 PM
I think, therefore I am.

ksdnfkfr
September 30th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I think atheists are just a myth. There's been reported sightings and a few fuzzy photos, but no solid evidence.

britishboy
October 1st, 2013, 12:55 AM
I exist? I believe there is no god, I'm atheist

Twilly F. Sniper
October 1st, 2013, 07:27 AM
No argument here. Just someone that doesn't believe in a religious entity.

randomnessqueen
October 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
i just havent been here in a long time and felt like starting a thread!
love you guys!
(even though you dont exist)

Seth Green
October 1st, 2013, 07:40 PM
This was a really strange attempt at starting an argument... Of course they exist...

Synyster Shadows
October 1st, 2013, 07:44 PM
What's the argument here? Atheists exist. I'm one and I exist, do I not? Several of my classmates are atheists and i'm pretty sure they also exist...I'm confused...

dsi411
October 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
http://kristamoore.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/yes-man1.jpg

Sugaree
October 1st, 2013, 10:33 PM
It's a paradox, yes. The fact that an atheist does not "believe" in any kind of deity therefore has a belief in the lack of a belief.

I like how everyone takes this so super duper serious and they decide to skip over this post.

OMG HOW DARE YOU SAY I NOT EXIST YOU MUST BE SOME TYPE OF CHRISTIAN BIGOT!

Korashk
October 1st, 2013, 11:31 PM

It's not a paradox, your statement is incoherent. Atheists don't believe in their lack of belief. They simply lack belief. When dealing with statements of fact belief flies out the window. I don't believe that the sky looks blue on a clear, cloudless day in Florida, I accept the fact that the sky looks blue on a clear, cloudless day in Florida.

Vocabulous
October 1st, 2013, 11:47 PM
I see what you are talking about, but atheism will exist as long as other people believe in god.

ksdnfkfr
October 1st, 2013, 11:49 PM
I thought the op was posting satire, was I wrong? Or is it supposed to be a "there's no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole" argument? Like you're an atheist until you're dandling from a cliff and then you start praying to god?

Syvelocin
October 1st, 2013, 11:52 PM
I'll just say, I don't believe there is no god, I'm bleeding sure there isn't. I don't say 100% because there's no evidence I can hand you that disproves something completely fantastical, but there isn't a god.

I take things as I perceive them. I don't need a fairytale to answer all my questions, I just choose to tolerate uncertainties. If it isn't there, it doesn't exist. If it shows up, it exists. I don't see what's so difficult about life "in the raw," if you will.

Vocabulous
October 1st, 2013, 11:54 PM
I thought the op was posting satire, was I wrong? Or is it supposed to be a "there's no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole" argument? Like you're an atheist until you're dandling from a cliff and then you start praying to god?

From what I understand of it, atheists don't believe in themselves because we don't believe in a god and without a god, there can't be atheism and... My brain...

laurakoller0815
October 2nd, 2013, 12:00 AM
intresting opinions here...i think its not really important for me to know if there are atheists or not around. the only important thing to me is what i believe in like is there something higher then we are?

ksdnfkfr
October 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
From what I understand of it, atheists don't believe in themselves because we don't believe in a god and without a god, there can't be atheism and... My brain...

Oh ok, I see how that could be construed as a paradox. My autistic brain has trouble with certain concepts. You explained it well for me.

Horizon
October 2nd, 2013, 02:15 AM
I didn't realize that I never existed.

On a serious note, people who don't follow a religion do exist.

candorgen
October 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
I am on the atheist side in that I believe that gods exist when people believe in them, in a sort of indirect way.
But I'm not getting into this argument, because I never like it when I do, too much to explain and back up to make it enjoyable via typing >.< .

Get Outta Compton
October 4th, 2013, 09:53 PM
God doesn't exist. End of argument.

Musical_Booktiger
October 28th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I am an Atheist and proud.

Sugaree
October 28th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I am an Atheist and proud.

>being proud of your faith of choice

Atheism takes as much faith as Christianity or any other religion out there. It's foolish to take pride in it. Congratulations, you're proud of the fact that you believe in nothing.

Musical_Booktiger
October 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM
>being proud of your faith of choice

Atheism takes as much faith as Christianity or any other religion out there. It's foolish to take pride in it. Congratulations, you're proud of the fact that you believe in nothing.

Exactly! I am proud of not believing a so called "God" tht looks over us. I am proud of not believening some religious figure to bow down to.

tovaris
October 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Ofcourse thy do there is loads of them around.

NeuroTiger
October 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM
The atheist philosophy has transcended time.
An anti-conformist group always exist in any society.

britishboy
October 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
an atheist is someone who dosent believe in god or follow a religion, I don't and henceforth I am atheist

karl
October 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Video: The Trouble with Atheism!

http://beyondthebible.net/smpshow.asp?Vid=Videos/pltroubleatheism.xml&width=640&height=480&ncid=71758816

darthearth
October 31st, 2013, 08:54 PM
Video: The Trouble with Atheism!

http://beyondthebible.net/smpshow.asp?Vid=Videos/pltroubleatheism.xml&width=640&height=480&ncid=71758816

I liked this video. But I see no paradox in atheists existing. If there was no god, there still can be atheists. I would like someone that thinks there is a paradox to explain their view better. Show specifically how it is a paradox given the definition of atheist is a lack of belief in a god, not that there definitively isn't a god. Technically they don't "believe" that there is definitely no god, they are just empiricists who accept nothing as true except what their 5 physical senses can tell them (however inadequate this).

The Trendy Wolf
November 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM
I like how everyone takes this so super duper serious and they decide to skip over this post.

OMG HOW DARE YOU SAY I NOT EXIST YOU MUST BE SOME TYPE OF CHRISTIAN BIGOT!

Saying that atheists "believe" in the fact that there is no god(s) says that atheism originated from religion to begin with. This, of course, is not true, as humans, at the beginning of their existence, knew nothing of any god(s). The origin of atheism is no belief [of any gods] at all.

It isn't a paradox at all.

Hazard7707
November 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Sorry mate Atheists DO exist. I'm an Atheist myself. I don't believe in God simply because there's no evidence that he exists. Trying to prove God exists with The Bible is like trying to prove Superman exists with a comic book.