PDA

View Full Version : What made you start eating again?

eeee
September 29th, 2013, 12:10 PM
For people who have had eating disorders in the past, what caused you to return to a normal eating habit? I have a friend who is severely undereating, what should I tell her to do?

NeuroTiger
September 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Just take control of your life again and be relaxed.
Then, you'll be able to restrain yourself from excessive eating.

eeee
September 29th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Just take control of your life again and be relaxed.
Then, you'll be able to restrain yourself from excessive eating.

I have edited my post to be more clear. I have a friend who is under-eating and I'm trying to help her through it.

ksdnfkfr
September 29th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I don't know what you can say. I guess it depends on if there is something that is causing it. With me it's a mood disorder thing that comes and goes where I just have no appetite and then it comes back on it's own. Is she concerned about her weight/appearance? Do you know if it's anorexia?

eeee
September 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM
It's a self-image issue, I'm pretty sure it's anorexia.

ksdnfkfr
September 29th, 2013, 02:33 PM
That's something that really needs professional counseling I think. A counselor can help her see things differently and what gives her that behavior. That's how I've been able to stop self harming so far.

1_21Guns
September 29th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I had the start of an issue with anorexia that nearly turned quite nasty. Originally it was my ex turning around and flat out saying "stop, you don't need to do that, you're not fat" etc and something about the way he said it snapped me back into reality again although it does still cross my mind occasionally. If she won't seek professional help you need to try and guide her to accepting her body. It's a long and exhausting process but it can be done.

Imbody
September 29th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Someone i knew quite well did and it was him telling his teachers and counselor that finally allowed him to get the help he needed. He said it was finally letting other people know that made it easier to deal with, not having to deal with it alone made him understand just how bad it really was.