PDA

View Full Version : Adderall

Vince
September 24th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Considered posting this in the medical board, but I thought posting this here would get me more immediate answers, since, assuming I am not mistaken, most of you are probably taking it. Apologies if I am wrong.

So, I was recently prescribed adderall by my psychiatrist because I have had extreme trouble concentrating lately. Not hyperactive sort of behavior, so it'd be ADD, not ADHD. Additionally, when I told my therapist about it, she ran down a list of maybe 10 to 12 symptoms, saying that if I had six, it was likely the diagnosis was correct. I said I had five. So not sure if I have it or not, based on this and the fact that a possible side affect of another medication I am on is concentration/memory loss.

What I wanted to ask, is what is taking adderall like? What should I be feeling, exactly? This is my third day taking it, and I'm not seeing too big of a difference. The first day, I felt a little more energetic than I usually do, but no difference yesterday or today. In fact, I've felt really crappy, but that's probably unrelated.

Just a note, I am taking 10 milligrams every day. Not sure how much that is in comparison to everyone else, but I'd assume it is a small amount.

Thank you in advance.

The Trendy Wolf
September 24th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I'm 14 and take 70mg of Vyvanse in the morning and 10-30mg of Adderall as a homework pill. I personally have ADHD, but it helps keep me calm and focused and doing the work. 10mg is a small amount (for me at least). I personally notice a difference on some days, but on others it isnt as effective. Considering we have two very different situations and diagnostics, then I'm not sure if I should say how you should feel.

ksdnfkfr
September 24th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Hopefully you won't feel any real change and just notice a change in your performance. I had a little bit of dry mouth for a while.

johndoe1112
November 6th, 2013, 01:55 AM
everyone has diffrent reaction to medication i got taken off because i knocked some bullys teeth in your might or might not have the same reaction but who knows please tell us how it goes

dantheman5000
December 11th, 2013, 02:11 PM
with this medication it take some time to get used to. about a week or so id say. when i go back on my adderall i have mood swings difficulty concentrating and a decreased appetite.

LouBerry
December 11th, 2013, 02:31 PM
When I started it, I felt like absolute shit. I felt like my mind wasn't running right, and I was all weird and spacey for a few weeks.

Don't forget that medications effect each person differently, do you can't really base your results on any one else's.

Also, if you aren't pleased with the results of your medications, stop taking it. It's there to make you better, and if it's doing that, it needs to go. I quit taking mine after three weeks, because I saw no noticeable improvements.

Lily24
July 7th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I have ADHD and was originally put on adderall but somthing wasent right so they put me on cencerta I was on tht for about 6 and a half years but then I became really aggressive I had always been aggressive but it was more of an issue with being defiant where this was just agrees ion for no apparent reason I'm on adderall now again it's fine I think my doctor said tht it is common for kids to turn aggressive while using these medications my theory was my dosage was almost double my moms she took 36 cencerta I took 36 when I was like in 4 th grade and mine when they stoped me was at like 56 or higher either way I was the same way when they originally put me on adderall cencerta isn't ment for kids I was in 2nd grade when diagnosed so I was pretty young if u saw the add for censerta you would see wht I mean

dame
July 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
10mg is pretty low, you won't feel much, you'll gradually have your dosage raised then you'll notice more of a difference. I currently take 70mg Vyvanse, but I have such a high tolerance, I've taken amphetamines since 7th grade. The side effects were all great for me, the appetite suppression allowed me to lose 60lbs. :P

azure moonstone
July 27th, 2014, 05:36 AM
This thread was bumped. :locked: