PDA

View Full Version : My long journey..

sarah newman
September 7th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Hello, it's been a while since I've visited this site and I'm happy to say that this post is going to be a positive one.

I've always been a big girl. I used to go with the excuse "I'm big boned, that's all". I am big boned but the weight I put on wasn't just down to that.

I was sexually assaulted, self harmed badly, i suffer from depression and anxiety, i had to go to a court case, was sexually groomed, and I had to put my family and friends through hell just because I needed help. All these factors resulted me in having a binge eating disorder. So eventually I got a councillor. She helped me understand that what happened to me wasn't my fault.

For months I thought there's no way I can go on a diet because I just love food way to much. So I went to my doctor. Within a year I put on 5 stone. I was morbidly obese. I still am. But my doctor told me that I should join weight watchers. I really didn't like the idea of going to a group talk about my weight. But I knew this was my last resort and I can't go on the way I am. So I went.

I was so nervous. I didn't know anyone apart from my mums friend. I started at 17 stone. I'm 17 years old with a height of 5ft 6. It was horrific. Ive never been that heavy before. So I knew from then on that I can't go on the way I am. So 3 weeks later I have lost 10.5lbs! I am so happy with myself that with everything that has happened in my life, I've still been able to overcome it. I know I've still got a while to go but I'm so happy that I've taken the first step to losing weight. It has been tough but I love the feeling of loosing weight.

I'm also very happy to say that I have passed maths so I am now doing 3 A levels and possibly 1 GCSE. I have quit self harm which has also been tough. For the very first time I am proud of myself. I am so happy to say.. "I can do this".

Blood
September 7th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. :) I know from personal experience that going through just one of those problems is complete hell, and the fact the you're handling all of them is admirable.

I wish you continued happiness. :hug2:

BookSmart
September 7th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Congratulations! You're such a strong person for being able to get help and start on your journey to recovery. It's not an easy thing to do. Good luck and keep trying! I know you can do it :D

sarah newman
September 8th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Thank you! It has been difficult but with the support of family, friends and this site it has made it a little bit easier :)

sarah newman
September 26th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Just a quick update; I've now lost a stone in 6 weeks :D

Paraxiom
September 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Proves that when we put our minds to challenges, we can succeed. Congrats!

kylem1229
September 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Glad to here youre doing better :)

sarah newman
January 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Lost 20lbs but I'm finding it difficult now.