PDA

View Full Version : mickey mouse madness

grass
January 23rd, 2008, 01:50 AM
has anyone ever heard of a condition in which the patient wishes they were insane or unstable, to the piont that they abuse themselves to reach a state of confussion whereby they can self induce psychosis. i.e cutting, starving, self isolation, mental torture. i dont know if it could be classed as a condition but it seems far too self destructive to be a personel choice. thanks

thesphinx
January 23rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
I haven't heard of this but I'm sure a lot of weird mental illnesses are out there.

Kaleidoscope Eyes
January 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
The name reminds me of Alice in Wonderland Syndrome. It's a very rare disease among those who suffer from migraines. During the headache, their perception of their surroundings is distorted and the person either feels very large or very small compared to the things around them, like when Alice would experiment with the "eat me" cakes and "drink me" bottles.

IAMSAM
January 24th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Why anyone would want to induce mental illness would be beyond my comprehension! The symptoms asociated with the major psychiatric disorders are extremely unpleasnat and significantly interfere with life.

The only thing that comes close to your question is a rare condition called 'Munchhausen's Syndrome (or Psychosis) by Proxy', which is a more conscious attempt at getting others to see you as having some serious aliment, usually for some other gain.

grass
January 24th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I dont think thats it, I dont just want to fool people into thinking I'm crazy, I want to be crazy. Although the personel gain thing is right, gain/pleasure cos I dont really want to get a job, I kinda of feel like I'd rather be institutionalised.

Kaleidoscope Eyes
January 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Why anyone would want to induce mental illness would be beyond my comprehension! The symptoms asociated with the major psychiatric disorders are extremely unpleasnat and significantly interfere with life.

The only thing that comes close to your question is a rare condition called 'Munchhausen's Syndrome (or Psychosis) by Proxy', which is a more conscious attempt at getting others to see you as having some serious aliment, usually for some other gain.

Actually, that would just be Munchausen's Syndrome. Munchausen's by Proxy is when a person hurts someone else, usually their child, causing them to be sick or injured (or to appear sick/injured) to the point of requiring serious medical attention. I think this is usually so others will feel bad for the parent and give them attention, though I don't know what other motives might be.

angryhalfdemon
January 24th, 2008, 10:57 AM
self induce psychosis? That would be a strange disorder, I don't know why anyone would want to experience those symptoms.... or i dunno, maybe if you enjoyed it? Imean, i guess there's a lot of other people out there who self induce symptoms of psychosis too, with the aid of drugs. Acid, shrooms, lsd. But I don't why anyone would choose such a self-destructive path as cutting and self-torture to induce these symptoms.
I dont think thats it, I dont just want to fool people into thinking I'm crazy, I want to be crazy. Although the personel gain thing is right, gain/pleasure cos I dont really want to get a job, I kinda of feel like I'd rather be institutionalised.

:( Why do you feel like you want to be institutionalized? Wouldn't you rather experience the fun things in life? We all have to work to contribute to society, i know that's a bummer sometimes. Work can be boring. But it can be fun, too, if you find the right job. And you can't do fun things like go to amusement parks and see movies with friends in an institution.

grass
January 24th, 2008, 01:03 PM
ok number 1 I dont want to conribute to society because society is against everything I stand for
number 2, I'm not sure I'm capable of having fun at least not without alot of drugs
And number 3, I don't really want to do fun things or have fun because that might make me want to live, and thats something I cant afford to do.

Kaleidoscope Eyes
January 24th, 2008, 04:23 PM
1: What do you stand for, if I may ask?
2: Why do you think you are incapable of having fun? What's standing in your way?
3: What's wrong with living?

I'm not trying to criticize, I'm genuinely interested in why you feel the way you do. Are you happy this way? If not, what needs to be done in order to make you happy?

grass
January 25th, 2008, 09:32 AM
ok lets geiv this a go, not sure this is entirely on topic but i'm up for trying 2 answer these.
right then number 1. I cant really some up wot i stand for in a sentance but i Know that it doesnt include killing people for oil, money, religion. it doesnt include letting people starve. People just being nice to each other, I spose thats what i stand for.
umm number 2. I'd say im incapable of having fun because I won't let myself, partly because of the things listed above, I spose i dont think i really deserve to be having fun, that and theres not many people im comfortable around so it hard to relax alot of the time.
and number 3. There is absoloutley nothing wrong with living, I mean being alive is the most amazing, mind boggling thing, i just dont like the world that we have to live in.

Never_Forget
February 26th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I feel sort of the same, but like not the same. I share the wish to induce phycosis but only so I can escape my life...

Zephyr
February 26th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Hypochondriac possibly.

spawn123
February 28th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Hey guys think it this way there is no person that is 100% mental healthy.Albert Einstein was a genius and wacko