PDA

View Full Version : Social anxiety disorder

black thirteenth
September 6th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me by letting me know some of the symptoms of social anxiety disorder as I think I may suffer from it as I am really bad around people and find myself at the verge of having a panic attack when I'm in a crowded public place, I also can't have anyone stand or sit near behind me anywhere or I get really nervous and shaky, I've had depression as well for the past couple of years that I currently am prescribed Prozac for (but don't take) and was wondering if this could be linked to my depression

Thanks

IAMSAM
September 9th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Darren, we can't diagnose you online, but if someone IRL has, and seen fit to prescribe Prozac, it sounds like something is going on. It's unclear why you've stopped taking it, but you might want to both discuss that decision with your doc and reconsider. Not only is Prozac an anti depressant, but it's a good treatment for anxiety/panic, too, so it would be like hitting two really bad symptoms with the same little pill!

Luminous
September 9th, 2013, 06:59 PM
If you have already been diagnosed in real life with depression, it could likely be linked to that. You should really try getting back on Prozac, after a few weeks you will likely notice a difference. If you've got a good reason you don't take it anymore there are plenty of other anti depressants out there.