PDA

View Full Version : Anger and add

Barneytinsen
September 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
SO i have add just wondering if hurting yourself when fraustrated is a symptom of adhd?? im low tempered.

The Trendy Wolf
September 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I have ADHD and I have occasionally done this. I'm not sure if its a symptom or something else, but either way try not to do it too much. :(

IAMSAM
September 8th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Nope.

ADHD= attention issues. Cutting=self destructive. They're different. You can have both, of course, but they're not related or symptomatic of each other.

If you're having problems with self control (which can cause distraction and self injury), then you should try to exert a bit more self discipline and not do either...both of those impulses can be controlled. If you can't seem to find the control, then it's time to tell someone and find a doc to help assess and straighten it out.

Pseudogeek
November 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
When I get too excited or frustrated or anything I tend to hit the closest thing. Sometimes I just clap my hands really loudly, sometimes I might whack myself on the arm, etc, etc. often one of the comorbids with ADHD is SPD and that can lead to handling emotions strangely.

othees
November 17th, 2013, 04:15 PM
They're both different, becareful