PDA

View Full Version : Social Intolerance

batwomr.smithshane
September 1st, 2013, 05:06 AM
So Friday at schoul in English 3 we were learning the differences between Archetypes and Sterotypes. I happened to walk in on this disscusion because I was late to my final block. I stood at the door while I heard the kids from my fellow classroom try to give an Archetype which is the unconious labeling of a person and/ or item that is passed down through the generations and inherted.

They failed miserably to say the least because they only had said some vague Sterotypes. In my eyes though Archetypes and Sterotypes are 1 in the same the only difference being Sterotypes are generally negative while Archetypes are not.

Which leads me to the title, Social Intolerance, and if you want to add, Social Ignorance. Too many kids or teenagers, including myself though I try my hardest not to, dont understand each other. I feel that we should break down the ever standing wall of Intolerance and Ignorance and open up to each other, because with in us is ever glowing beauty. I know that the I have a Dream speech's anniversary just passed so I'll say this, "I have a dream that one day our friends shall be judged on the content of their heart and not on the clothes that they wear or the way they walk."

Social Ignorance is an epidemic, and like a wildfire it spreads and burns out of control, but we can change us and how we feel and be like an ever peaceful rain that puts out the wild fire know as Intolerance and Ignoance (aka HATE). Us, this generation can stop the inhertance of this most devious trait to our kids.

I also say that when we came to America is was to escape the wildfire of Intolerance that so burned us, then we decied to start one ourselves. Live up to the fact that everyone is equal.

We discussed Gay Rights in our Ap human Geo. class and to my revoulsion someone said, "All gays are going to hell.", I arose as fast as I could and screamed at the deluded fool. I said this, "

When I was in the third grade I thought that I was gay,
'Cause I could draw, my uncle was, and I kept my room straight.
I told my mom, tears rushing down my face
She's like "Ben you've loved girls since before pre-k, trippin' "
Yeah, I guess she had a point, didn't she?
Bunch of stereotypes all in my head.
I remember doing the math like, "Yeah, I'm good at little league"
A preconceived idea of what it all meant
For those that liked the same sex
Had the characteristics
The right wing conservatives think it's a decision
And you can be cured with some treatment and religion
Man-made rewiring of a predisposition
Playing God, aw nah here we go
America the brave still fears what we don't know
And God loves all his children, is somehow forgotten
But we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago!"

That is my life story. I thought i was gay at one point and still think I am confused about. And today I ask anyone who reads this to copy and paste the last part of this in the comment box and say I do. I will first ok? Here it is:

"From this day on I promise to try to stop Social Intolerance and Ignorance when I can,
I promise to protect the kid in theback of the class who gets picked on,
and I do promise from this day forward to be the ever peaceful rain that stops the wildfire of ignorance and see people for their heart and soul not their clothes or skin."