PDA

View Full Version : Is it anorexia or am i just paranoid?

marie m
August 30th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Okay so lately i have been caring a lot about my weight and i skip meals, drink water not to be hungry a fast a minimum of 2 days in a row just so i can loose wait and i have a little voice in my head thats always telling me im fat and that i should stop eating. I started getting worried so i tried not thinking about it so much and tried to eat but the voice in my head just didnt go away and i couldnt stop skiping meals or counting calories, etc so I tried talking to my best friend about it but she told me i couldnt have anorexia because i was too fat for it.
I wanna know if what i have is serious or if im just being paranoid about it because its kinda ruining my life, i cant go to parties and have fun because all i think about is not eating so i dont get fat, i cant do anything without thinking of food and that im fat.
Please help me.

BookSmart
August 30th, 2013, 07:03 PM
While you may not be anorexic, it definitely sound like you have an eating disorder. Don't feel discouraged because you "don't meet the criteria" for anorexia. You still have a problem; it's not just in your head. While I'm not going to tell you you have to see a doctor, it would be good to talk to someone. I know it can be hard, but talking helps.The point is just because you're not all skin and bones, doesn't mean you don't have an eating disorder. The first step to recovery is recognizing you have a problem, even though you may not feel any better. If you ever need to talk, I'm here. :)

1_21Guns
August 31st, 2013, 08:28 AM
There's no such thing as 'too fat' for an eating disorder, I find it stupid how the criteria of anorexia is under a certain weight because it shouldn't be, you can still do as much damage to yourself starving 'overweight' as you could 'underweight'. The reality is this isn't a way to lose weight love, it's not healthy, it can make you very poorly and not just the eating disorder a lot of complications can come off starving yourself too, your body doesn't get the nutrients and things it needs.
If you're worried and like you said it's taking over your life seek medical assistance to get help with this and if you want to lose weight see a dietician to get a safe and healthy way of losing weight.
Don't let this consume you love, it's not worth it at all :hug3:

Poisonberry
August 31st, 2013, 09:53 AM
I don't know clinical definitions or anything, but it doesn't sound like you have a healthy attitude toward eating or your body image. I know how hard this can be cos I've struggled with it myself but if you want to lose weight you need to do it in a healthy way, exercise more and eat less, not stop eating.

Special K
September 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
It may just be an unhealthy thought process you have towards eating.

Katiya
October 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Starving isn't a good way to lose. Neither is those long drawn out diets that slowly dump from a number like 1800-1700-1600 every week. I can say i've never seen any one lose that way and most people cant stick to it. You don't want to set your self up to fail but not to do damage either. Here's what I personally do, please take what i say with a grain of salt as everyone's body is different.

I'm a gymnast and when we have to trim down for gym we use this diet plan.

We eat what ever we want on workout days and dinner the night before. For us that's 3 days a week right now. And on off days we eat a certain amount determined by our body and how much it needs to balance loosing fat without burning too much muscle. For me this works out to be between 600 and 800 calories per day. But its What your eating that makes the dif. Don't just eat junk. We need a lot of protein and natural fats (not saturated crap fro junk food. We need natural fat like whats in cut meats like steak or chicken) as well as vegetables and fruit for other nutrients. The smallest part of what we eat is grain and sugar. So if you want to lose STAY away from sugars second by breads. ;)

NOTE: Once you reach your weight you have to stop and go back to a normal calorie intake. What ever this is for you.

All of your intake will be decided by your height, activity level and current weight and how your body reacts to certain foods.

Its very hard to do this your self so if it interests you i suggest speaking with someone like a gym coach or dietitian that is familiar with this type of diet.

Some fasting is ok as long as it isn't more than 2 days a week. Or alternatively eating between 600-800 calories per day every 2 days or more while eating what ever you want on the others is also ok.

But the BIG thing is not over doing it. The above is only average and I can't say you wont need more food or less. I don't know anything about you to go by so DO NOT take what I say as an absolute fact because everyone is different! You don't want to starve your self or suffer from malnutrition! Especially if your active as you can lose bone mass and develop weakness in tendons and ligaments very quickly and end up injured.

And remember I am not a professional so Please speak with one if you chose anything I have stated above!

And it does sound like you have unhealthy thoughts about eating, a little apprehension is ok and helps you not become a blimp but you might have too much from the sounds of it. It shouldn't affect your life like you describe.

AnaMarie99
December 13th, 2013, 04:38 PM
definetly sounds like you have an ED.

Elysium
December 13th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for two months or more. :locked: