PDA

View Full Version : Is this an Eating disorder or am I just freaking weird?

Thelizzerd
August 30th, 2013, 05:23 PM
:(So a few months ago I started feeling like I was too skinny. Now I just wish to be chubby. I'm gonna try and gain 30lbs (I'm 110lbs now) by the end of this school year. Do I have an eating disorder? Should I get help? idk what to do.... All I know is I want to get chubbier.

CharlieHorse
August 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM
If you find that you're obsessed with gaining weight, to the point where it's unhealthy, then yes, i think that could be classified with being an eating disorder.
But If you just feel small and want to be heavier with a practical and healthy goal, then i dont think that's an eating disorder.

Living For Love
August 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I don't think you have an eating disorder, you're 14 and 110lbs, I would say you're pretty fit. It's ok if you want to gain some weight, just make sure you do it in a healthy way.

Tarannosaurus
August 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'm not entirely sure, it does sound similar. It definitely at least sounds like you're insecure in your body. Have you thought of using one of those helplines? They're run by professionals and could give you a much more definite answer. 110lbs is roughly what I am and it's a healthy weight. If you really want to put on weight make sure you do it in a healthy way, by eating protein, not eating junk food and not exercising.

Thelizzerd
August 31st, 2013, 09:57 AM
I'm not insecure I just want to be a little bigger...I guess it's not then.

kylem1229
August 31st, 2013, 10:03 AM
It depends on your height. The average weight for a female, age 14, approx 5'3 is approx 104-140 lbs. So if you're just trying to get somewhere between the average, then its fine. I wouldnt classify it as a disorder. Just dont gain weight too fast, or go way over the average, otherwise it can lead to health problems.