PDA

View Full Version : Really is ADD or just puberty?

justin 13
August 29th, 2013, 06:36 AM
My Dad was called 4 a meeting in my school this week. He was told that maybe I have a mild form of ADD cuz seems from 6th grade I have had difficulties keeping my attention in class, I'm not that guy who is always talking in class I'm more kinda shy and quiet, BUT is very easy to get distracted. I hate Algebra my grammar really sux, I got 3 C's and 2 B's in my last year. Since I hit puberty Im having this urge to jerk all the times, but I don't do it cuz I don't have time. What u think is just hormones or ADD?

anonteen
August 29th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I have ADD but its so mild that people never know about it. Its really not a problem if you do but from what you said i dont think you do. Its not a bad thing if you do. You would be surprised how many people do. I also cant tell if you do or dont because you need a phyc evaluation for that, but if you parents didnt take you in for one when you where younger, then you most likely dont have it.

justin 13
August 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Thank you dude!

DerBear
August 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Its hard to say really but from what you've said it doesn't sound like you have ADD because usually you have other issues when you have ADD and having a short attention span is one but its also normal to have a short attention span. I too was thought to have ADD because my attention easily wanders but it turns out I don't and its just a natural thing you can change with over time.

HondaFreak45
August 31st, 2013, 10:06 PM
Honestly, It is hard to say. When I was in 7th grade I had BIG problems paying attention in class, Talking, getting distracted by other kids, Whats was outside the door.... My mom just it was me going through changes, turned out I had very bad ADD/ AD/HD. Talk to your councilor at school, Or go to your doctor to get a diagnoses

IAMSAM
September 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Is it Justin or Keith?:what:

Anyways, ADHD doesn't just come on suddenly, true ADHD is something you're probably born with, it's the way the brain is wired, and as you get older, the symptoms become more apparent. So, if you (or the school folks) are noticing a dramatic difference now, it's probably the effects of puberty. Those hormones are distracting!

The good news is that you can exert some control (self discipline!) and focus yourself more in school, it takes some practice, this might have come more naturally to you before...but you can do it.

justin 13
September 4th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Is it Justin or Keith?:what:

Anyways, ADHD doesn't just come on suddenly, true ADHD is something you're probably born with, it's the way the brain is wired, and as you get older, the symptoms become more apparent. So, if you (or the school folks) are noticing a dramatic difference now, it's probably the effects of puberty. Those hormones are distracting!

The good news is that you can exert some control (self discipline!) and focus yourself more in school, it takes some practice, this might have come more naturally to you before...but you can do it.

Thank dude!

And is Keith, I changed my nick to Justin He was my BFF.