PDA

View Full Version : UK Immigration

Yolo98
August 25th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Do you think that all immigration into the UK should be stopped ?
Personally i feel the UK is too crowded now and the huge influx of peoples from different ethnicities is causing tensions to emerge within communities. There are not enough jobs , therefore immigrants are placed on benefits, wasting ordinary tax payers money.

Capto
August 25th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Stopping immigration is harder than you think it is.

On the other hand, putting ridiculous restrictions and quotas isn't.

Harry Smith
August 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Personally i feel the UK is too crowded now and the huge influx of peoples from different ethnicities is causing tensions to emerge within communities. There are not enough jobs , therefore immigrants are placed on benefits, wasting ordinary tax payers money.

Immigrants are 70% less likely to claim benefits than a British Person, please don't be arrogant and assume they simply come here and get benefits. Don't believe everything the daily mail tells you.

Tensions my arse! We all come from immigrants- hardly anyone of us can trace our lineage back to native before the Romans. Our own head of state is German, our own prime minister is of German lineage. The idea that someone born here has more rights than someone who isn't is bollocks.

Immigrants do the jobs that Britains don't want to do, they're a focal part of the community

Yolo98
August 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Immigrants are 70% less likely to claim benefits than a British Person, please don't be arrogant and assume they simply come here and get benefits. Don't believe everything the daily mail tells you.

Tensions my arse! We all come from immigrants- hardly anyone of us can trace our lineage back to native before the Romans. Our own head of state is German, our own prime minister is of German lineage. The idea that someone born here has more rights than someone who isn't is bollocks.

Immigrants do the jobs that Britains don't want to do, they're a focal part of the community

But we have the second highest population density in Europe. We are full. Immigration is not needed.

Capto
August 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Both the Netherlands and Belgium have higher values hint hint.

But stopping immigration is illogical and nigh impossible.

Harry Smith
August 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM
But we have the second highest population density in Europe. We are full. Immigration is not needed.

We also have the third most natives working within the EU out of 24 countries, there's a limit on the number of immigrants coming from outside the EU and I'll agree that is needed but immigration itself is needed 100%

Human
August 25th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Not all immigration, we need to do what Australia do.
We should have a better point system, if you're really useful you're allowed in, you shouldn't be let in if you're just going to do very cheap labour

Walter Powers
August 25th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Just be lucky you aren't directly adjacent to the developing world like my country...

Harry Smith
August 25th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Just be lucky you aren't directly adjacent to the developing world like my country...

Mexico is actually a newly industrialized country, and with the rise of BRIC (brazil,russia,india and China) the US could really struggle

Capto
August 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM

You're in Oregon. Are you insulting Canada? :P

britishboy
August 25th, 2013, 07:43 PM

I agree! everything is hard to get (such as jobs and houses) and we pump in people?

Yolo98
August 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I agree! everything is hard to get (such as jobs and houses) and we pump in people?

Nice to see there are others out there who possess common sense. Left wingers on here who are defending MORE immigration are crazy.

Capto
August 25th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Common sense is lacking in those who believe that halting immigration is possible.

Well, unless you're the Kim family. But they didn't have much common sense in the first place.

The easiest and most efficient way to halt immigration is to make the recipient nation shittier than the provider.

Harry Smith
August 25th, 2013, 07:52 PM

You have no right to a job just because your british, that violates the 1975 equal employment act. How do we pump in people? That's just as always you not backing up anything with numbers and just saying what you think may be right

Nice to see there are others out there who possess common sense. Left wingers on here who are defending MORE immigration are crazy.

Damn left wingers, when was the last time the tories got a majority? 21 years ago, but sure everyone loves them

Yolo98
August 25th, 2013, 07:55 PM
You have no right to a job just because your british, that violates the 1975 equal employment act. How do we pump in people? That's just as always you not backing up anything with numbers and just saying what you think may be right

Damn left wingers, when was the last time the tories got a majority? 21 years ago, but sure everyone loves them

When was the last time there was a left wing government ? 1979, callaghan.

Harry Smith
August 25th, 2013, 07:57 PM
When was the last time there was a left wing government ? 1979, callaghan.

1997 I believe, Tony Blair may of got rid of clause 4 but he was still the leader of the Labour party and in his convictions he lead a left wing government which draw support from the unions for funding

Yolo98
August 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM
1997 I believe, Tony Blair may of got rid of clause 4 but he was still the leader of the Labour party and in his convictions he lead a left wing government which draw support from the unions for funding

Might have been funded by the unions but Blair was a third way centrist, and his government was far from left wing .

Harry Smith
August 25th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Might have been funded by the unions but Blair was a third way centrist, and his government was far from left wing .

I know he was a third way centrist, but the government was still very left wing in it's essence. Look at the founding members of new labour.

Brown, Prescott, Smith, Blair and Mandleson. That's a pretty left wing government, it was simply a new form of social ism as it was know. The UK's immigration policy was left wing for all of new labour along with welfare and the NHS. It's the modern left

Yolo98
August 25th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I know he was a third way centrist, but the government was still very left wing in it's essence. Look at the founding members of new labour.

Brown, Prescott, Smith, Blair and Mandleson. That's a pretty left wing government, it was simply a new form of social ism as it was know. The UK's immigration policy was left wing for all of new labour along with welfare and the NHS. It's the modern left

I agree that blairs immigration policy was left wing, and was uncontrolled. It will go down as his worst legacy.

Harry Smith
August 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I agree that blairs immigration policy was left wing, and was uncontrolled. It will go down as his worst legacy.

It wasn't uncontrolled at all, you make it sound like we let everyone in.

Do you know who works picking fruit in the fields of kent? The person who installed my boiler was polish, he was friendly, did the job quickly and didn't spend the whole time on his phone. I don't give a damn where someone is from, as long as they work for a fair price and provide a good service I don't care which geographical location on the earth he comes from

Yolo98
August 25th, 2013, 08:25 PM
It wasn't uncontrolled at all, you make it sound like we let everyone in.

Do you know who works picking fruit in the fields of kent? The person who installed my boiler was polish, he was friendly, did the job quickly and didn't spend the whole time on his phone. I don't give a damn where someone is from, as long as they work for a fair price and provide a good service I don't care which geographical location on the earth he comes from

I dont care where they are from we just dont need anymore of them now.

Walter Powers
August 25th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Mexico is actually a newly industrialized country, and with the rise of BRIC (brazil,russia,india and China) the US could really struggle

Well, they're still enough of a developing country that people are willing to risk their lives to come and freeload off of us.

You're in Oregon. Are you insulting Canada? :P

America is my country. I live within the regional jurisdiction of Oregon.

You do know Canada doesn't touch Oregon, either, right?

britishboy
August 26th, 2013, 04:21 AM

haha its all changing now so we should be fine:D

true, you cant say no to a black man because hes black

when there are few jobs in Britain, why have more competition? we need a Australian like immigration policy.

Estimated total long-term immigration
to the UK in the year to December
2011 was 566,000. This compares to
591,000 in the year to December 2010
and has remained broadly at a similar
level since 2004.
half a million in 1 year, and its rising

and lefties are popular because they promise everything and say everything is great when whats needed ia the opposite

Magus
August 26th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I think UK should impose laws similar to that of Japan.

Harry Smith
August 26th, 2013, 05:19 AM
I dont care where they are from we just dont need anymore of them now.

Well, they're still enough of a developing country that people are willing to risk their lives to come and freeload off of us.

haha its all changing now so we should be fine:D

true, you cant say no to a black man because hes black

when there are few jobs in Britain, why have more competition? we need a Australian like immigration policy.

half a million in 1 year, and its rising

and lefties are popular because they promise everything and say everything is great when whats needed ia the opposite

If it's an illegal immigrant, then they wouldn't get welfare or any protection. Also no it's not close, this just show's your biased- it's a NIC not a developing country

Well you should actually care where their from, because under the EU free movement laws we can't legally stop people from the EU. Their are more Brits working in the EU than their are EU's working in Britain.

Lefties popular? We're not America mate, that rhetoric is stupid. There's hardly any difference between the 3 main parties, how has the Labour party ever said that everything is great.

Please read your stats as well- 556,00 in 2011
591,00 in 2010

This means it's failing not rising, I've never seen someone post stats that show a fall and claim it's increasing, at least check the numbers

If you actually knew about British Politics you would know that the Labour party are in opposition, this means they oppose the British government so they're not going to say the country is good under the government are they?

britishboy
August 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
If it's an illegal immigrant, then they wouldn't get welfare or any protection. Also no it's not close, this just show's your biased- it's a NIC not a developing country

Well you should actually care where their from, because under the EU free movement laws we can't legally stop people from the EU. Their are more Brits working in the EU than their are EU's working in Britain.

Lefties popular? We're not America mate, that rhetoric is stupid. There's hardly any difference between the 3 main parties, how has the Labour party ever said that everything is great.

Please read your stats as well- 556,00 in 2011
591,00 in 2010

This means it's failing not rising, I've never seen someone post stats that show a fall and claim it's increasing, at least check the numbers

If you actually knew about British Politics you would know that the Labour party are in opposition, this means they oppose the British government so they're not going to say the country is good under the government are they?

what? what is the reply to who? and over 10 years

Harry Smith
August 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM
what? what is the reply to who? and over 10 years

haha you always do this when your argument falls on it's arse.

You said that immigration was rising when in fact it is failing- at least get your facts right. You need to think before you tell obvouis lies

britishboy
August 26th, 2013, 07:29 AM
haha you always do this when your argument falls on it's arse.

You said that immigration was rising when in fact it is failing- at least get your facts right. You need to think before you tell obvouis lies

ill list a few sources

The number of Romanians and
Bulgarians working in Britain has
risen by more than a quarter in
three months, according to figures
which provide the first evidence of
an influx of migrants from the two
countries, even before border
controls are lifted next year.

The Office for National Statistics says
around four in ten of the additional
people are immigrants.
(the 6/10 are babies)
and all this is before Romania and Bulgaria get freedom of movement here

unskilled people shouldnt just walk through the door, we need an Australian like immigration policy, if you have a skill and are not a drain on the country, instead a welcome help, then come in, be British, get the NHS and our welfare but do not let people in who are unskilled, going to live off our tax trying to get a job in a coffee shop or as a truck driver when there are so many unemployed British people that want the job!

Harry Smith
August 26th, 2013, 07:34 AM
ill list a few sources

(the 6/10 are babies)
and all this is before Romania and Bulgaria get freedom of movement here

unskilled people shouldnt just walk through the door, we need an Australian like immigration policy, if you have a skill and are not a drain on the country, instead a welcome help, then come in, be British, get the NHS and our welfare but do not let people in who are unskilled, going to live off our tax trying to get a job in a coffee shop or as a truck driver when there are so many unemployed British people that want the job!

Sorry that's biased bullshit. Not all immigrants are truck drives, do you know where most of the world's scientists tend to train.

That source isn't related to your gaffe- but please tell us how 35,000 less immigrants is a rise?

Immigrants from the EU are 70% less likely to claim benefits, so they don't come over here and just claim benefits- that's right wing UKIP crap. Everyone in this country has a right to NHS.

If you actually knew about it you would know we have a 5 tier system to assess non EU immigrants. Immigrants also do a large amount of unskilled work in farms picking British fruit because British people simply don't want to do.

There are more britians in the EU than EU's in britain, we benefit from freedom of movement- that's a fact

britishboy
August 26th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Sorry that's biased bullshit. Not all immigrants are truck drives, do you know where most of the world's scientists tend to train.

That source isn't related to your gaffe- but please tell us how 35,000 less immigrants is a rise?

Immigrants from the EU are 70% less likely to claim benefits, so they don't come over here and just claim benefits- that's right wing UKIP crap. Everyone in this country has a right to NHS.

If you actually knew about it you would know we have a 5 tier system to assess non EU immigrants. Immigrants also do a large amount of unskilled work in farms picking British fruit because British people simply don't want to do.

There are more britians in the EU than EU's in britain, we benefit from freedom of movement- that's a fact

im going out now ill edit this with my responses later

tovaris
August 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Uk has a relatively smal amaunt of imigration, the british are jist panekeing for no reson.

Yolo98
August 26th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Uk has a relatively smal amaunt of imigration, the british are jist panekeing for no reson.

Small amount !!! Net migration in 2012 was 216,000 !!! That's alot of people. Plus next year 30 million Bulgarians and Romanias can cone here as the borders are opening up to them too , its ridiculous , we need to reclaim our country back.

tovaris
August 26th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Small amount !!! Net migration in 2012 was 216,000 !!! That's alot of people. Plus next year 30 million Bulgarians and Romanias can cone here as the borders are opening up to them too , its ridiculous , we need to reclaim our country back.

They wouldnt be comming if there werent no jobs for them

Capto
August 26th, 2013, 11:56 AM

The United States of America is my country. I live within the state of California.

Of course I'm aware that Canada doesn't touch Oregon. I'm quite shocked that you would assume priori the contrary.f

Yeah...

No.

A majority of Romanians and Bulgarians are perfectly fine where they are. I don't see why you think they would want to suddenly emigrate to GB.

Harry Smith
August 26th, 2013, 12:05 PM

There was this massive panic in 2004 and it turned out to complete bullshit. Your doing exactly what the tories and UKIP do- find a apparent problem but don't implement a policy. The whole idea of getting our country back is just as isolationist rhetoric

60 million brits can go and live in France, Germany or anywhere in Europe. There are more brits in the EU so if we did stop freedom of movement we would have more people coming back into the country meaning the net population would increase. So please tell me again how this would fix our problems?

Yolo98
August 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM
There was this massive panic in 2004 and it turned out to complete bullshit. Your doing exactly what the tories and UKIP do- find a apparent problem but don't implement a policy. The whole idea of getting our country back is just as isolationist rhetoric

60 million brits can go and live in France, Germany or anywhere in Europe. There are more brits in the EU so if we did stop freedom of movement we would have more people coming back into the country meaning the net population would increase. So please tell me again how this would fix our problems?

Do you think any Brits would want to go and live in Bulgaria and Romania ? No, there's a much higher chance they will come here for our amenities like the nhs.

Harry Smith
August 26th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Do you think any Brits would want to go and live in Bulgaria and Romania ? No, there's a much higher chance they will come here for our amenities like the nhs.

Once again 70%, I think that's the fourth time you've ignored it. The National health service is for everyone- the moment you limit it is the moment it doesn't become universal healthcare.

Once again it it show's your complete lack of a strategy,so much unskilled labour and work is done by EU based immigrants jobs that the British simply will not do

Yolo98
August 26th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Once again 70%, I think that's the fourth time you've ignored it. The National health service is for everyone- the moment you limit it is the moment it doesn't become universal healthcare.

Once again it it show's your complete lack of a strategy,so much unskilled labour and work is done by EU based immigrants jobs that the British simpl

y will not do

I understand that but that's why we need to drill into students that apprentiships and vocational courses are not not second class to university courses. Just because we have the problem of lack of work ethic doesn't mean me need to rely on eu workers , we need to address the problem properly.

Harry Smith
August 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I understand that but that's why we need to drill into students that apprentiships and vocational courses are not not second class to university courses. Just because we have the problem of lack of work ethic doesn't mean me need to rely on eu workers , we need to address the problem properly.

And we can't address that problem quickly can we? It's something that is going to take 20-30 years so we need to rely on the EU based labour- what people forgot is that Eu immigrant come over and pay taxes and provide services- they put money back in the economy.

The other problem is that for the whole of school you get told work hard get good grades- do you think someone with 10 A*s is going to want to work in factory or pick fruit?

Yolo98
August 26th, 2013, 12:56 PM
And we can't address that problem quickly can we? It's something that is going to take 20-30 years so we need to rely on the EU based labour- what people forgot is that Eu immigrant come over and pay taxes and provide services- they put money back in the economy.

The other problem is that for the whole of school you get told work hard get good grades- do you think someone with 10 A*s is going to want to work in factory or pick fruit?

We already have enough EU labour, we have 7.9 % unemployment , im sure some of those unemployed wouldnt mind having a job as a fruit picker. Enough is enough , we dont need any more.

Harry Smith
August 26th, 2013, 03:08 PM
We already have enough EU labour, we have 7.9 % unemployment , im sure some of those unemployed wouldnt mind having a job as a fruit picker. Enough is enough , we dont need any more.

That's actually wrong, a good friend of my uncle through cricket emails polish people who come over and pick fruit for a month, they sleep in tents and earn minimum wage on 10 hour shifts. Do you reckon people would be happy to come from Scotland when they earn more on the dole?

You do know that there was a recession, and that the whole world is facing high unemployment.

And if we got rid of free movement we would have more people coming back to Britain than would leave and even more pensioners- this means less jobs and higher pension bills

britishboy
August 26th, 2013, 05:46 PM
That's actually wrong, a good friend of my uncle through cricket emails polish people who come over and pick fruit for a month, they sleep in tents and earn minimum wage on 10 hour shifts. Do you reckon people would be happy to come from Scotland when they earn more on the dole?

yes I do, there are loads of despite people in our country believe it or not, just because your British doesn't mean your allergic to hard work, yes most wont but im sure the jobs will be filled 200 people applied for 7 positions at a coffee shop!

You do know that there was a recession, and that the whole world is facing high unemployment.
yes but you dont say hey British people can't get jobs, so lets add more competition?

And if we got rid of free movement we would have more people coming back to Britain than would leave and even more pensioners- this means less jobs and higher pension bills
can you provide the stats on this?

what do you think of Romania and Bulgaria?

Harry Smith
August 27th, 2013, 06:07 AM
yes I do, there are loads of despite people in our country believe it or not, just because your British doesn't mean your allergic to hard work, yes most wont but im sure the jobs will be filled 200 people applied for 7 positions at a coffee shop!

yes but you dont say hey British people can't get jobs, so lets add more competition?

can you provide the stats on this?

what do you think of Romania and Bulgaria?

Then we should work to provide training at school level and have government lead job schemes, we've had free movement for the last 30 years. If you actually did research you'd find that the problem isn't coffee shops but it's because big firms and civil servants are being laid off because of the reccession. Immigrants aren't taking the jobs, it's simply as case of the jobs being removed by the government.

My source is the Labour Shadow minister Chris Bryant on Question time 16/05/2013

Other source is that we have 2 million British Citizens living in the EU who are mainly pensioners and 1.8 million EU workers ( the majority who are temporary residences) That's a 200,000 gap in favour of us. And my stats actually prove something unlike this 'rise' you claim

StrawberryCyanide
August 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM
People come to this country because it offers them a better chance than staying where they were born, they put in a tremendous amount of effort to come here and are faced with so many hardships and red tape when they get here. Many of my work collegues have immigrated to this country to work, they work jobs that many people born in this country feel they are too good for, are paid minimum wage and work intense hours, they have massive bills and financial stresses as a result of visas etc. They are constantly the victims of racism, crime, blackmail from all sides and robbery. These people should be praised for helping us become culturally rich and teaching our kids to be accepting of everyone, we are all born on Earth and we are a global community.