PDA

View Full Version : Consuming Darkness

Synyster Shadows
August 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/161fb34e38f4e2b90e59fb288b4613440d9783db

Here's a new piece I'm working on for this school year. Obviously it's unfinished, as I'd never end with a nonharmonic tone, but what do you think of it so far?

handle with care
August 24th, 2013, 08:58 PM
this is a great piece so far can't wait to hear the rest

Synyster Shadows
August 24th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks, man! :D (I rarely get feedback so I get really happy when I get it)

And...the first draft is complete! Tell me what you think!

Deleted User
September 2nd, 2013, 11:10 AM
Not bad at all. However, there was very little flow moving from the first part to the second bit marked 'piu allegro'. It felt awkward. Rather than simply getting a little quicker, progressively getting a little quicker makes more sense to me, personally. Then again, this is Noteflight and actual performance would sound different.

The ending lacked any sort of build up for me. It just seemed to... end. A bit more dynamic in the piece as a whole would be nice. Also more extreme when it comes to range. I hear a lot of high, a lot of mid-range, a lot of back and forth, but other than an occasional four bars here and there, I actually hear very little in the deep bass range. It adds to the overall timbre of the piece that would give it a more well-rounded sound. Most of the bass instruments still feel like they are kept in the higher half of their range or there is little variation in what the bass sections are actually doing.

Sorry, I get nit-picky after taking music for most of my life. Take it all as you want, it is your piece and Noteflight is limiting. That's just what I personally hear. Overall it's impressive for someone your age.

azure moonstone
September 2nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
I really envy your ability to write music (since I can't even read it lol).

That is really good. I enjoyed it.

Synyster Shadows
September 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Not bad at all. However, there was very little flow moving from the first part to the second bit marked 'piu allegro'. It felt awkward. Rather than simply getting a little quicker, progressively getting a little quicker makes more sense to me, personally. Then again, this is Noteflight and actual performance would sound different.

The ending lacked any sort of build up for me. It just seemed to... end. A bit more dynamic in the piece as a whole would be nice. Also more extreme when it comes to range. I hear a lot of high, a lot of mid-range, a lot of back and forth, but other than an occasional four bars here and there, I actually hear very little in the deep bass range. It adds to the overall timbre of the piece that would give it a more well-rounded sound. Most of the bass instruments still feel like they are kept in the higher half of their range or there is little variation in what the bass sections are actually doing.

Sorry, I get nit-picky after taking music for most of my life. Take it all as you want, it is your piece and Noteflight is limiting. That's just what I personally hear. Overall it's impressive for someone your age.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, it's only a first draft. Still working on it. I'll keep your recommendations in mind. And yeah, this is just a bunch of shitty MIDI sounds and the hairpin dynamics don't actually affect playback. :P

This is nothing compared to Mozart :P

I really envy your ability to write music (since I can't even read it lol).

That is really good. I enjoyed it.

Thanks, Ali. :D

Synyster Shadows
November 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Anybody willing to check it out now that it's gotten better? Same link will work. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty proud of myself for what I've written. ^_^

azure moonstone
November 14th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I still think it sounds great :) Wow, I would have no idea how to write music by itself, let alone multiple instruments.

Synyster Shadows
November 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks Ali!